Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

William George Cowling was born 27 Sep 1877 in Devon, England. He sailed for Canada in 1904, landing in Montreal on 5 June. His declared destination was Toronto. He was unmarried and his occupation was stone mason/bricklayer. That is the last record of him that I have been able to trace.

His brother, John, travelled to Canada three times between 1911-14 and visited St Thomas, Elgin West; London; Cobalt and North Bay, Ontario but I have no idea if he had any contact with William.

I would welcome any help in my efforts to determine William's destiny

Views: 199

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Vic, Have you considered that he may have returned to England.
Carolyn

Yes, Carolyn, I have but I can find no record of him on 1911 census or his marriage/death on BMD 

"Ontario Deaths,1869-1937 and Overseas Deaths, 1939-1947," William George Cowling, 1928

« Back to search results

name: William George Cowling
event: Death
event date: 11 May 1928
event place: York, Ontario, Canada
estimated birth year: 1877
father: Wm Cowling
mother: Elizabeth Crawford
spouse:
reference number: 003786
film number: 2148993
digital folder number: 4000401
image number: 00972
Source Citation

Thanks for that, Debby, but unfortunately that is not my man. His father, Henry, died in India in 1888 and his mother, Mary Ann (Doidge) remained in UK until her death in 1918. I think this man was born in Canada.

I should have mentioned in my earlier reply to Carolyn that I have not traced his return to UK on any passenger list and he was not named in his mother's will (neither were some of his other siblings)

so was that his death record?

Sorry. William's parents were Henry and Mary Ann, not William and Elizabeth.

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service