Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Hello I'm a newbie researching family history. I am looking for information on Alice E. Oliphant who married Edward O'Neal in Richmond County, Georgia on 7/22/1916. We believe she is my maternal great-grandmother and would love information about her family. She moved to New York at some point after marriage. One of her sons was Herbert Bolan O'Neal (my grandfather). We think the family may have been bi-racial or even multi-racial.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Views: 260

Replies to This Discussion

There seems to have been an earlier Alice E Oliphant in GA:-

Pollett Cemetery Inscriptions Johnson County, GA

POLLETT CEMETERY
JOHNSON COUNTY, GEORGIA

The Pollette Family Cemetery is located near the Tom Community in
what used to be known as Ennis. Go approximately three miles northeast
on the Tom Road from Kite. Continue past Tom, and turn right at
Minton's Chapel. Go about one mile to Ennis, and turn left on
Hendricks Road. Go one half mile and the cemetery is on the right.
The cemetery is well maintained by the Pollett/Pollette family.

Alice E. Oliphant
JULY 16, 1882
AUG. 7, 1908 (09?)
Spouse: Benjamin Belcher
Parents: Ash Pollett & Harriett Lamb

Also in the same cemetary:-

Henry C. Oliphant
SEPT. 15, 1904
30 yr. old
Spouse; Alice E. Pollett

It looks to me (and this is a wild guess) that this Alice E Oliphant was married first to Henry Oliphant and then to Benjamin Belcher. ANYWAY, there was a Henry C. Oliphant married to an Alice E Pollet and you may well find that they had a child named Alice E. Oliphant. Just a guess.

If you subscribe to Ancestry.com then you should be able to find the answer quite quickly.

Yours aye,

Roddy.
Roddy,
How were you able to reserach so much information about Alice E Oliphant. I have just started trying to trace my family roots and really not sure how to start.
Hi Nneka,

If you let me about your Oliphants and I will let you know what I have on your line. I have been "at it" for nearly four decades, so I have gathered a lot of information.

More importantly, I know a lot of people who have done research on their own lines and from them I have learnt a great deal and constantly draw on their knowledge.

Yours aye,

Rod.

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service