I can’t find parents for my 2x great-grandfather, Joseph M Taylor
- b: 5 Mar 1826 in Louisville, KY; (find-a-grave)
- m: Sarah Jane Frierson (1839-1880), daughter of Aaron Taylor Frierson and Hester Ann Mills Frierson of SC.
- son: Felix Elam Taylor. b: 1858 in Tallahassee, FL
- daughter: Hester M. Taylor, b: 1860 in Tallahassee, FL
- son: James F. Taylor, b: 1863 in Florida
- son: William May Taylor b: 1870 in Rusk, TX
- daughter: Julia Taylor, b: 1873 in TX
- d: 2 Jan 1892 in Moore, OK (find-a-grave)
According to the 1880 census he lists his father from England and mother from West Virginia. That’s all I know about them.
The info I have on Joseph:
- On 1 Mar 1848 Law Degree University of Louisville;
- Census: 13 Oct 1850 in Ocala, Marion FL living in a boarding house;
- 1854, in Hernando FL, serving as County Judge and Chair of the Board of County Commissioners;
- 1860, Appointed Brigadier General in the Florida Militia and sent to Fort Brook, Tampa, FL;
- 30 Jun 1866 living in Marshall North, Harrison, TX;
- 16 Jun 1870 living in Henderson, Rusk TX;
- 18 Jun 1880 in Young, TX where Sarah died
- d: 2 Jan 1892 in Moore, OK, buried at Smith Cemetery, Moore, OK.
Any clues would be extremely helpful!