Matthias House purchased land from Robert Hutcheson, and wife Ann, in April of 1771. The land was located in Bromfield parish in the great fork of the Rappahannock River on the branch of Deep Run (Source: Culpeper Deed Book G, page 249). It contained corners with Michael Kintner (Kentner, Gintner)and Henry Aylor. Jacob Hufman, Henry Aylor, John Creal, John Stonesiffer, and J. Graves are listed as witnesses. This is the land that became known as the House Place in House Hollow.