Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

List your Irish Family Here. A date and location or two always helps.
Rare Irish Names, Common Irish Names....all welcome here

Views: 194

Replies to This Discussion

O'Connell, Warren and Washington Counties, NY 1850's through 1930's, which is when my direct line moved to Chicago, IL. Having problems getting further back from here!
Hi, here are my family Irish names:
Both of my grandfathers immigrated from Ireland:
Smith/Smyth and Darcy family from Ardmore, Co Waterford
Fitzpatrick, McIlvernon, McConvery from Dundrum, Co Down

My paternal grandmother was the daughter of Irish immigrants:
Farrell, Finn, Tansey, O'Hara, Cunnane from Co Sligo (near Gurteen) and possibley Co Roscommon

My maternal grandmother was the granddaughter of Irish immigrants:
Keough from Feakle, Co Clare, also Keough, Clark, Kearns possibly also Co Clare

PS, love your podcast!
Pat
Devanny and McAvaney my gggrandfather was a Johnathon James Devanny dob 1809 born in county clare but because of problems i mentioned in my wall comment a few moments ago i have no exact town of where he was born hope you can help me out i do wish to find my heritage as well as my gggrandfathers i am a person who if i cannot solve anything i will chip away until i find some door to open and through it i will walk if it is the right door
Hello Christine,
Have you tried DNA test on direct male line ?
Try using Griffiths Valuation and Tithe Applotments to see most likely locations for the name in the 1800's for starters if you have not done so already ! -Mike
The surnames I'm researching are all from southwest County Cork, Ireland -- from the Skibbereen and Baltimore areas: WALSH, MINIHANE, CONNOLLY, MCCARTY, O'BRIEN, HARRINGTON, COLLINS, SHEEHAN, MURPHY, O'REGAN, and a few more. Am interested in connecting with anyone who has research on these surnames FROM THIS AREA OF COUNTY CORK ONLY. Thanks
Hi Everyone!
My Irish names are Carr, Quinn and McAllister - 1800 West Galway to present day. My gr gr gr grandfather was Henry Carr b. 1800 Diocese of Killaloe, Munster Province, Ireland. His son Henry Carr b. 1830 Galway Ireland d. Dublin m. Roseanna Quinn and had 7 children all born at various coastguard posts on the west coast of Galway as Henry Jr. worked for the Irish Coastguard. Roseanna died after their last child was born and Henry married Ellen McAllister who was the daughter of the man that owned the railway station in Galway City.
I have only found three of Henry and Roseanna's children that came to Canada, one of which is my gr grandfather Alexander. Two sons were said to have gone to St. Louis, Missouri and one had died and the other stayed in Ireland. I know about Alexander, except for a few missing years. Just looking for the others, I only have info on the oldest daughter.

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service