Software exists to help us do better the job that needs to be done. More and more we are seeing genealogy software that supports the Genealogical Proof Standard. When adding to this discussion, please include the following:
1. name and version of the software
2. which step of the GPS it implements and how
The GPS steps are:
0. define a research objective
1. a reasonably exhaustive search;
2. complete and accurate source citations;
3. analysis and correlation of the collected information;
4. resolution of any conflicting evidence; and
5. a soundly reasoned, coherently written conclusion.
I added step 0 as it is implied.