Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

I have 22 matches now at FT DNA and 60% of these (some are unknown) trace back to the 1772 migration of Scot-Irish from County Antrim Ireland to the Carolinas under the direction of the Reverend William Martin. Rebecca Martin is the furtherest back ancestor for two in this group (no known relationship to the Reverend Martin. She married Alexander Peden (well established pedigree). There are two who trace directly back to County Antrim and another three who trace back to Argyll Scotland. The Blood of the Isles database has two exact matches (HVRI is significant for this group) at Argyll Scotland. Anyone interested in chatting about this interesting subclade of H11? H11 is considered to be one of the oldest subclades of H and approximately 48,000 years old. On my Full Genetic Scan (FGS), I do not have any perfect matches but several close ones (I have an extra mutation) plus I have coding region matches with several published papers that collected samples in Ossettia.

Views: 1267

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for all that info Elizabeth, it makes me wonder how far back in time the Ossettian connection is. Do you think the Black Sea area would have been a refugia during the Ice Age for these people?

I have one exact HVR 1 and 2 match, I can't seem to jump my innate distrust of the gov't and insurance companies to get the FGS. My mtDNA hap is H1b from Finland.
Jennifer, I am not positive on the time frame. I suspect that there are two possible answers - 1. My ancestor left the Ukraina refuge as the ice melted and followed it through Doggerland (one match in Sweden thinks they have been there for thousands of years) to Scotland thousands of years ago. I think this because I lack 16293G which is indicative of the much commoner group of HVRI that includes my three mutations (i.e. they have four and are 9x more often found in the British Isles than mine ). 2. My ancestor left with the group that had four mutations (of which I have three and lacking their 16293G) and traveled across Europe (there are traces left along the way especially in Germany) and on to England arriving there at some point in the past and as they moved upward through England to the Argyll Scotland area they reverted the 16293G to A (no time frame even guessed at).

Good luck with your study - the FGS is very interesting actually. I had a comprehensive analysis done by Ann Turner (she has her MD and a strong interest/knowledge about mtDNA).
Genealogy Wise group for H11
Haplogroup H11

Latest Phylo Tree for mtDNA haplogroups
mtDNA Tree Build 5 (8 July 2009)

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service