Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

• Click the Photos link on the toolbar.
  • Click the Add Photos link on the right.
    There are two different ways to upload: the Simple Uploader or the Flash Uploader.

Simple Uploader
  1. You will see a list of 8 boxes, each with a Browse button next to it.
  2. Click the first Browse button.
  3. Browse your computer to find the picture you are looking for.
  4. You can repeat to add up to 8 pictures at once.
  5. When you are ready to continue, click the Add Photos button in the lower right.
  6. At this point you will come to the Add an Album screen (see the section below).

Flash Uploader
  1. Click the camera icon with the caption Click to Add Photos.
  2. Browse your computer to find the picture you are looking for.
  3. Click the Add More link in the lower left if you are uploading multiples (I recommend 25 max).
  4. When you are ready to continue, click the Upload button in the lower right.
  5. At this point you will come to the Add an Album screen (see the section below).

From the Add an Album Screen
  • This screen loading after you've just tried to upload pictures is a little confusing.
  • At this point you have TWO choices and TWO additional options.
  • Create a new Album (give it a title, description, location, and tags).
  • Choose from an existing Album you have already created.
  • You can also click Add more details for these photos (at the bottom) if you would like to add a title, caption, location, and tags for the individual photos.
  • You can also just click the Save button in the lower right (you can do this without creating a new Album, or choosing an existing one); doing this completes the upload process and you can go back to make changes later.

+~+~+~+~+
Give me some feedback if this doesn't get you through uploading pictures, and I'll create a more detailed tutorial.

+~+~+~+~+
I am not a Ning expert. I'm a tech-head who has worked in IT for over 10 years; and I have some experience on another Ning network. This is not an official statement from the GW staff; just some friendly tips for my fellow GW users. Feel free to message me if you have questions, comments, or suggestions for other topics. ~Johnny

Views: 58

Replies to This Discussion

Also Note
  • JPG, GIF, and PNG are the only accepted file types.
  • 10 MB (megabyte) limit on the files size.
  • Limit of 100 pictures per account.

You can also upload photos from Flickr, as well as from an email or cell phone. I'll have some more on that for the detailed version.
This is very easy to follow and easy to understand! Usually, when "techie" types write anything, it is so technical, the rest of us can't really understand it but this is wonderful.

Thank you for all your efforts, I am sure you are much appreciated among the membership.

Thanks Sherry.

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service