Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

All Discussions Tagged 'how-to' (11)

← Back to GenWise Member Help
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

HOW TO: Basic Formatting

Most of the places you can post things in a Ning social network (like GW), you will be provided with a button bar that has basic formatting…

Started by Johnny

2 Aug 26, 2009
Reply by GeneJ

HOW TO: Do a COMPLETE Search for a Surname on GW

There is only one search box that will search the whole GW site: the "Search Social Network" box located in the upper-right of every page.…

Started by Johnny

2 Aug 6, 2009
Reply by Mary Hellman

HOW TO: Edit Your Discussion

You've just spent the last hour composing a discussion, finally ready to show your work to the world, you click Add Discussion. Your freshl…

Started by Johnny

0 Jul 31, 2009

HOW TO: Managing Albums

So I've got my photos uploaded; now what do I do with Albums? Thankfully, albums on a Ning social network stick to a pretty conventional d…

Started by Johnny

0 Jul 31, 2009

HOW TO: Using RSS

RSS stands for "Really Simple Syndication" and is sometimes referred to as "RSS Feed" or "RSS Subscription" or "Feed Subscription" or simpl…

Started by Johnny

2 Jul 31, 2009
Reply by GeneJ

Quick and Dirty: Photos & Albums

Click the Photos link on the toolbar. Click the Add Photos link on the right.There are two different ways to upload: the Simple Uploader o…

Started by Johnny

5 Jul 29, 2009
Reply by Johnny

HOW TO: Making the Forums Work for You

Hopefully we've ironed out the confusion with the term "discussion" by now. For this How-To we're going to focus on the Forums section. Cu…

Started by Johnny

0 Jul 21, 2009

HOW TO: "Tag You're It!" - Using Tags

If you're a blogger, you're probably familiar with using tags (and this post probably isn't for you). If you're not a blogger, you might th…

Started by Johnny

3 Jul 20, 2009
Reply by Johnny

Downsides: Grouping & Sorting

In the THINGS you wish GenealogyWise could do discussion I've seen several people ask for the ability to apply grouping or sorting to their…

Started by Johnny

0 Jul 20, 2009

Discussion VS Discussion: Mix-and-Match Gone Awry

The same term being used in two different areas, let the confusion ensue! There are five core sharing areas in a Ning social network: Blog…

Started by Johnny

4 Jul 20, 2009
Reply by GeneJ

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service