Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

My line of Fergusons are from the above areas. They started in Whitestown NY in late 1700s.

Views: 299

Replies to This Discussion

I have been working on my family (Ferguson) and have found Erastus Ferguson, Sr., born in East Haddam, or lived in
East Haddam, Ct. He left and from Oneida, New York helped settle Michigan in 1822 just outside of Detroit.
Perhaps your family is part of this family. My great Grandfather, Charles Munro Ferguson was born in Michigan along
with alot of other siblings, including Erastus Ferguson....who went back to East Haddam and married Eunice Parker
of Saybrook, COnnecticut in 1848.....There seems to be a Conn., Oneida, N.Y. Michigan Connection.......
Perhaps, your Fergusons are related. Are you sure they started in Whitestown, NY in the late 1700's. According,
to records in East Haddam, Erastus Ferguson was born around 1789....Not sure if it was in East Haddam.....
Please respond and perhaps we can be of help to each other.
Thank You, Susan Jannish
Samuel was born abt 1762. I think he has a brother Rueben. Pretty sure his fathers name was James born CT. This line stayed in Herkimer county that was sometimes Onieda county. White plains became part of both I think. I really hope we can work together. Are you a member of Clan Ferguson? A friend of mine is the clan genie. She has moved from Calif to Michigan last year. Carol
Hi Carol,
I was a member of CLan Ferguson years ago. Should join once more. You know I read in my research that
a Stephen Ferguson moved from Gorham in 1650 to East Haddam, Ct. It said that he was the direct line
to most of the Ferguson's. I think it must have been Gorham, New York. That is where I am having a problem.
Happy to work with you on whatever I can find. I am very interested in the migration from New York to Michigan.
Apparently they went by water ....when the Eerie Canal opened. If it ould be easier to correspond by
regular email that would be fine with me. You can use susj@aol.com if you would like.
Thanks and so glad I found you on the net. Happy Thanksgiving. Susan Jannish

Hi Susan, 

I'm researching Charlotte Ferguson, who was born in NY in 1813, and who I think is related to Erastus Ferguson, as she moved to the Detroit area of Michigan and married James Messmore there in 1833. Any information on Erastus Ferguson would be helpful. Thanks!

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service