Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

This is my brick wall in Illinois...William J. STEPHENS...with the most generic name.

My third great-grandpa Willliam J. STEPHENS ~ Born: February 12, 1850 in Illinois ~ Died: 1895 - 1900 in Illinois? ~ Married: Anna RUSSELL ~ February 13, 1870 ~ They had 9 Children between 1871 - 1895. Most of the children died young.

Anna RUSSELL, daughter of William G. RUSSELL and Phebe LACY married William J. STEPHENS who lived with William Asbury VAUGHAN/VAUGHN (and his mother was Elizabeth RUSSELL VAUGHAN/VAUGHN KIRBY) in the 1860 census in Henderson County, Illinois. Willliam and Anna RUSSELL STEPHENS llived next door to William Asbury VAUGHAN/VAUGHN in the 1870 and 1880 census in Henderson County, Illinos. He would be cousins to Anna and her dad William. Anna moved her children to Lawrence County, Indiana by 1900 census.

Who are William's parents? If the 1880 census is correct? his dad was born in Pennsylvania and his mom was born in Ohio?

What happened to William's parents?

What year did William die?

Where is William buried? It could be in Souther Illinois. I guess they think Saline County, Illinois. Of Course, we thought they had always been in southern Illinois until I uncovered them in the 1880 census in northern Illinois...Henderson County, Illinois. They could have moved to southern Illinois because Anna had family that resided down ther in White or Saline.

The RUSSELL family marrried VAUGHAN/AUGHN's, TWILLEY's, KIRBY's MESSICKS's and BENNSON's in Dorchester County, Maryland and then migrated to Henderson or Hancock County, Illinois.

Thanks.

Alena ~ Family Tree Wanteed

Views: 42

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service