Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Hoping to find a family for my William EDMONDSON b. 1766 NC? Son, Joseph B. EDMONDSON b. 1813 TN.  Apparently William was twice married  Jospeh B. being the only issue of 2nd marriage.  I have hit a wall trying to place 'old' William in a family.  Some researcher say he may be a son of Bryant EDMONDSON  of NC (not proved).  Related names are MAYS, MAYES, HUDSPETH, CLENDENIN, among others.  Areas of research NC, TN, IL.

Views: 424

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Carol,

I don't know that this will help at all.  I show your William E Edmondson b1766 NC-d1853 TN as a son of Bryant 1740-? and Sarah Farr.  And I have no proof of this father son relationship.

Ken Edmondson

kennethedmondson@sbcglobal.net

Thanks Kenneth,  My possible 'hits' are below.  Now another one! <grin>

3 possible wives for William Edmondson.

A William Edmondson m. Betsy Burge (Burns?) 14 Feb 1810 Davidson,TN.
A William Edmondson m. Grace Edwards 26 May 1801 Onslow, NC
A William Edmondson m. Delilah Desern 22 Jan 1810, Orange Co.NC

William Edmondson was Admin. of James Oakley Estate. ca. 1824. Maury Co.TN

By 1850 William is living in with son, Joseph B. in the Maury Co,  TN  census.

It is believed that William Edmondson may be the son of Bryant Edmondson of NC

The naming patterns of Joseph B. EDMONDSON's children have the names 'BURNS' and "GREEN" as middle names.  Pretty flimsy stuff to go on but on we shall go . . . thanks again for your prompt reply

Carol, I have a copy of the will of Bryant Edmondson (Jr?) dated 1769 in which he lists his wife Sarah and children William, Mary, Elizabeth, James and Richard. It's very difficult to translate but I would be glad to share a copy of the original with you  if you send me your email address. My problem is that Bryant Jr would have been only 29 yrs old if he died in 1769 and that date would have been prior to the birth of his last 4 children. Many people list 1769 as the death date of Bryant Edmondson Sr but he was not married to a Sarah and the children's names don't match those listed in the will. This is one of my long standing brick walls but I would certainly welcome another pair of eyes on the will.

Elaine Edmondson Bowling

Good Morning Sheila,  Thank you for your response.  I would be delighted to have a look at Bryant's will.  After 25+ years of futile 'headhunting' for my William's parents any lead gets me excited.  My William EDMONDSON b. 1866 had issue by first wife (name unknown). Among others, Ch. Parthenia Bunteen EDMONDSON M. Council HUDSPETH, 21 Jul 1810 Maury Co.TN.  This couple (Parthenia & Council) name one of their 12 (known) children Bryant HUDSPETH (1825-1863).  Some of Parthenia's ch. along with her half-brother (my ancestor), Joseph B. EDMONDSON  ended up in So. IL mid 1850's.  Good primary evidence down from there.  Yup!  If it looks like I am grasping at straws . . . well sure I am.  My e-mail addy is <cjohn@tznet.com>

Cheers, Carol

Hello, I too have a William E Edmondson 1766-1853 in my family line.  I show his parents were Bryant Edmondson JR. and he was married to Sarah Farr.

Bryant's parents were Bryant Sr. married to a Mary Haile.

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service