Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Who are your Dutch ancestors? Have you been able to trace them into The Netherlands? Where did they come from?

Views: 3839

Replies to This Discussion

I am related to Koster from Haarlem, Netherlands.  My Koster line is from Neumuenster, Schleswig - Holstein, Germany

I am a Van Voorhees descendant down to Leah Voorhees who married Hosea Dean in Hamilton Co., OH in 1818.  In Leah's ancestry are Banta, Tallman, Monfoort, etc.

My Dutch surnames are BOON/BOONE,BAUWENS,VANDASSELOR(VANDOORSLER?),kOPPENHOGEN/KOPPENHAGEN/CAPPENOLLE/CAPPENOLE, RULIE/RULI/ROELLE/ROELLES,BOSMAN

I come from many Dutch ancestors beginning with Toers, my mother's maiden name, They arrived in New Amsterdam around 1660. Other surnames include: Ackermann, Post, Litchhult, Banta, Buys, Gannung, Polhemus, Van Vorst, Quackenbosch, Demarest, Straut, Straatmaker, Vanderlinde, Van Rosenvelt & others.

Here's a link to some of them: http://familytree.turse.org/

I believe I am genetically related to the Bibbe family of Buinisse.  Their descendants were in Sayville, New York, and one of them knew my Grandmother in 1931.  Thanks for all the resource information in this group!

RSS

Members

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Nat Ins for Genealogical Studies.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service