Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

The line I'm researching is of the Donnellys from Derryscollop, County Armagh, Northern Ireland. Henry Donnelly was born in 1830 in Derryscollop, and married Jane "Jennie" Mullin, from Tullyroan, County Armagh in 1859, in the Moy church (C of I), Clonfeacle parish, County Tyrone. They emmigrated to America in the early 1860s, settling in Adams County, Illinois. About this time, Henry shortened his last name to Donley.

According to Henry and Jennie's marriage license, Henry's father's name was Neal Donnelly. Family tradition suggests that his mother's maiden name was probably Anderson. As far as siblings go, I'm only aware of three, all brothers: Thomas (1837-1903), James, and William.

Henry & Jennie raised 8 children: Thomas Henry, William John, Charles Wesley, Lula Jane, Anderson, Eliza Marguerite, Elijah, and Mary Anderson. There were five other children who died at birth or as infants.

I would be happy to compare notes with anyone who connects with any part of this family.

Views: 308

Replies to This Discussion

Do you have any info on Francis Mc Carney & Anne Donnelly

from Tryone, Ireland?

Francis 3/17/1851

Anne 12/6/1849

spw

spwdjwdlw@comcast.net 

I'm sorry, Sue -- all the information that I have is in my post above.  I wish you the best of luck in your research!

~Cricket

Thank you for getting back.

Do you know any one else that's doing this family trees?

spw

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service