Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Please post here about where you are in the process of becoming a member of the DAR. Also, share your lineage if you would like.

Views: 984

Replies to This Discussion

Told my daughter that I am making head way on my documentation for DAR. Missing some military records for the main ancestor. She stated she was interested also in joining, What all would she have to submit once I am accepted? Would she have to go back as far as me and would it take as long as mine will take? Thank you.
She would only have to submit for her generation 1 (herself and if married, her husband). She should be able to reference your national number for everything else. Application preparation won't take as long, but you should expect acceptance by national to take about the same amount of time (and I'm not sure what that is currently; it can vary based upon the amount of applications they have to process).

Hi! I am in the process here in Kentucky, lovely member of DAR in Hardin County is helping me along the way. I am filing under Patriot Nicholaus Barrick from PA, my home state of being born and raised. When I get to my 5th Generation, my lineage can be traced both ways back to the same person. I'm going with my Direct Line. My 2nd GGrandmother , both her Parents is where my split is that I can go two ways. Very excited. In the process of noting what documents I need. I only have to go as far back as some of my other relatives who have already applied, that I don't even know. I meet in March with my Sponser, near to the time when they have their monthly meeting. 

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service