Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Please post here about where you are in the process of becoming a member of the DAR. Also, share your lineage if you would like.

Views: 982

Replies to This Discussion

I am just starting the process. Last night, I put in a request for a look up to see if my ancestor who served in the military during the war is already documented. I would love to become a member of the DAR. My lineage goes through my father's maternal side. My grandmother Dorothy Marion Eagan to her mother Charlotte Beatrice Graves, to her father Giles Graves to his father James Graves to his father Amos Graves, to his father Martin Graves who served. This is my direct line. I have other ancestors who also served during the Revolutionary War in the Graves family.
Hi, I've been a member for about a year and a half now. Am working on supplemental ones now. I have sent Leah my papers and documents, since she and I are related and she can use either Thomas Mix or Squire Ide ( one I used) to join. I just got back from the annual National Congress. It was fun and I got a chance to do a lot of research. The DAR is really involved in service to soldiers, sailors and veterans, as well as several schools etc. If you need help doing research, let me know!
Sue :)
Do you have dates and/or locations for Martin, Amos, or their wives? There are 2 Martin Graves' in the Patriot Index, both from Massachusetts. One of them does have a son Amos.
Hi Lynette,

The DAR Lookup Request did find my Martin Graves and I have ordered a copy of the original application. I am really excited.

My Martin Graves was born 23 Feb 1766 in Sunderland, Franklin, Massachusetts, USA and died in 1837 in Vienna, Oneida, New York, USA. He and his wife Hannah Jefferson had 10 children. Their son Amos Graves was born 18 Feb 1800 in Rome, Oneida, New York, USA and died 24 Nov 1894 in Vienna, Oneida, New York, USA. He was married twice. First to Deborah Houch and they had 3 children. Second to Lois Lucinda Marsh. They had 6 children. I descend from Amos and Lois' son James Graves who was born 8 Jul 1834 in Vienna, Oneida, New York, USA and died Feb 1913 at a fair in the midwest. He married Harriett Adeline Audas. They had 7 children and I descend from their son Giles Adelbert Graves, etc.
That's super. Let me know if you need any help.
Thank you so much Lynette. When I receive the copy of the application I will know where I stand and where I need to start proving relationships. I am sure I will have a million questions at that time...lol.
I am a member of DAR in Shepherdstown, WV. My paternal grandmother was a member, so I had an advantage! My Revolutionary War ancestor was William Cox.
I am also just starting the process. I have information from the DAR Patriot Lookup and have reference codes. Currently we live in Germany and the closest DAR Association is at Ramstein Air Base which is 4 hours away. My linage is through my maternal Great Grandmother's side. I have 3 ancestors-Joseph Maynard who was married to Deborah Twitchell. Joseph Reed Jr who was married to Abigail Harvey.Lastly, Joshua Reed who was married to Betsey Barney.
I am a member of the John Foster Chapter, Monroe, NC. I joined through patriot Atkins McLemore. He was a gunsmith and provided guns to the Revolutionary army (I joke that my ancestor was an arms dealer). My lineage is: me, Kathryn Ann Drury, Bernice Cordilla Griffin, Leah Applewhite McLemore, Robert Nicholson McLemore, Sugars McLemore, Abraham McLemore, Atkins McLemore. I have a second descent for this same ancestor which I am toying with as a supplemental: Robert Nicholson McLemore, Bethenia Ann Green McLemore (married her first cousin, Sugars McLemore), Robert McLemore, Atkins McLemore.

Susan Michael, PLCGS
I am one of the newest members of the Beloit Chapter DAR. I have two (so far) revolutionary ancestors, David Brooks and Capt. Jeremiah Blanchard.
I am working on getting my information together for the application now. I believe it goes through my maternal grandmother -
William Homer Mix - John Francis Mix - Jonathan Collins Mix - Collins Mix - Thomas Mix (of Wallingford CT, in the 4th Connecticut Regiment).
Leah, if you need link from Collins to Thomas let me know. It's in Barbour's CT Vital Records. But Squire is done, as long as you link to Collins & Leafe. Sue

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service