Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Got a computer problem? Is your scanner refusing to make pretty pictures? Is your printer spewing endless pages of total nonsense? The Computer Support Angels are here to help.
Just drop us a note here and one of us will be happy to check it out and do what we can to get you back on the road and researching!

Views: 79

Replies to This Discussion

have a compaq presario v2030us, also have passbook that i keep our deadpeople records on (genealogy-RM, pictures etc). my problems my laptop wont reconzine or run the passport half the time. the passport runs ok on my pc and i have changed cords to the passport to check it. i have reinstalled the usb port drivers and it helped some but not much. any suggestions
I HAD a "copy" of a disc, Melbourne General Cemetery (Victoria Australia), it stopped working, so I deleted the boot file and bought a new one now when I try and play/open it it wont work I keep getting "Run Time Error 3051"( now the short name this dics is known by is MGC) the rest of the message reads The Microsoft Jet Database cannot open the file D:\systemcontrol.mdb it is already opened exclusively by another user or you need permission to view its data" now I've done a search of my computer using mgc and didn't find any files, I've also looked for .mdb files, and that didn't bring up any mgc stuff either. My tech guy is away for another 2 weeks, and this is driving me absolutely NUTS. Can someone PLEASE help...
Finally got through to the publishers of the disc, and problem solved, thanks anyway.

Yes, it spews extra pages, and it stops up all the time-and it is new. HP. Will get out the model etc. tomorrow. I talked to a friend at a reunion in Oct., and hers does the same thing. Runs 2 or 3 pages then stops up. It took me over a month to get it going wireless, with tech folks from HP again and again. Finally the right amount of turn this off, turn this on- worked, with the right numbers. (It did not like the ones on the back of my modem) Going online I discovered they have had this same problem over 2 years, and no patch to fix it.  It simply does not like the Modem AT & T uses.

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service