Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Jacob was my grgrgrandfather. According to the census he was born ca 1784 in PA. He lived in Bradford Co. His wife according to some was Rachael. He was not living with her on the 1850 cenus, but was with a daughter named Betsy. In 1860 he was with his son J.B. ( The enumerator spelled his name out Jabey and Ancestry has him indexed as Jabez.) My ancestor was another son named Charles who married Lucy West. he was b 1814 and d. 1909 She was b 1813 and d. 1901. Charles' death cert did not list his mother but did list Jacob as his father. Jacob did have another daughter named Annis Ann. She married Jacob Blodgett. There may have been another son named William who was the ancestor of the Averys in Gillett today.

Charles and Lucy had children Aaron who married Harriet Histead and lived in New Albany, Levi who married Rebecca Nichols and lived in Covington, Roxy who married George Collins and are buried in the Upper part of the Gillett cemetery, Delilah who was married 3 times Harriman Collins, Lyman Peters and Harvey Peters, Annis Ann, Eugenia who married Eleazor Ayers, Denike who married Eliza Comfort, Clarence who married twice - Emma Herrington and then Catherine Burns. They lived in Steelton PA amd are my grandparents Rosilla who married James Blodgett

There are some clues about these people and their forebears which I will post as comments.

Views: 73

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service