Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Hi Everyone!! I have a brick wall that I'm REALLY hoping someone out there can help me break through. My 3rd Great Grandfather was James Barton Armstrong b. 1830 in Milford, Pike, PA. d. 1915. buried in Pine Grove Cem., Matamoras, Pike, PA. He married Lurena White (I'm also stuck on the White's) - James and Lurena had eight children: Henrietta, Margaret, Sarah, John, Ida May, Viola, Caroline, & William. James and Lurena lived in Milford, Westfall & Dingman their whole lives. Most of their children stayed in the area as well. James worked as a quarry hand, laborer and farmer. He lists his father as being born in Ireland. I know that there were Armstrongs who were prominent masons in the area and I'm pretty sure James is connected to that line, but I don't know where!! I am hoping to find the parents of James Barton Armstrong and keep moving backward. Any help would be MUCH appreciated!!

Views: 146

Replies to This Discussion

Amy, I am also researching that family.  Barton Armstrong was born 1832 (1910 census) His father was Andrew Armstrong who came to the USA in either 1823 or 1825 (I have passenger list for both men--not sure which is which) They both were born in Ireland.  He had Andrew A. b.1828, Barton b. 1832, John b. 1840, and Hamilton b. 1846. and I am  sure others but have not found any information on daus. or other sons.  According to Andrew A. death certificate his mother's name was Mary Sammis b. in NJ.  The information I have on Andrews parents is that he is the son of Lancelot b. 1794 and Catherine Armstrong, B. Ireland in Tyrone Co. in the village of Grotin.  They had 7 children all of whom came to America and settled in Milford and NY.  Pretty sketchy and I have been resarching them for 20 years.  Please feel free to e-mail me and between the two of us we may be able to solve the mystery.  Lani Young  laniyoung@comcast.net

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service