Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

I am looking for any family members or information on a relative James Higgins. Born in Kilmovee Mayo Ireland in 1908 and immigrated to America 1927 to Brooklyn NY.  He married Joan? and had 3 children, Kevin, James, Daughter name unknown.  They lived in Flatbush NY in the 1950's.

Anyone with information please email me at familyhistorykeeper2@yahoo.com Thanks

Views: 458

Replies to This Discussion

JAMES HIGGINS & BRIDGET GRIFFIN of UGGOOL, KILMOVEE, COUNTY MAYO

Hello
I am looking for descendants of JAMES HIGGINS and BRIDGET GRIFFIN who married in KILMOVEE RC CHURCH, Co MAYO, IRELAND in 1857. They had a son JAMES HIGGINS born 10th June 1871.
I think JAMES HIGGINS born 1871 maybe my grandfather who went to Prescot. Lancashire, England prior to 1901 and married MARY ELLEN DONNELLY of Waterford Ireland in Prescot in 1902. In 1905 they went to Liverpool, Lancashire, England to live where both James & Mary Ellen died.
JAMES (Snr) & BRIDGET HIGGINS were living at UGGOOL, Kilmovee, Co Mayo in 1901.
In 1911 Bridget is a Widow still living in UGGOOL. Kilmovee but she has her 7 year old grandson JOHN HIGGINS born in England living with her.
My Dad's brother JOHN HIGGINS born 1903 in Prescot, Lancashire, England is missing from the family on the 1911 UK Census.
This is the reason I think this HIGGINS family may be my ancestors.
I would love to hear from any HIGGINS's from around Uggool or Egool as I think it is called now in Kilmovee, County Mayo
Regards
Pat Berry (nee Higgins)
Hi, sorry, my James Higgins was the son of Catherine Carty and Dominick Higgins. My James married a woman named Joan. We do seem to have a lot of the same names in our families, but I guess that is common for the Irish. Our family hasn't been located at all in England. The were born in Kilmovee, Mayo Ireland and immigrated right to America, where he lived in Brooklyn. We lost track of them in the 1950's, and I was hoping to find someone related also. He did have a sister Winifred two years younger than him. I don't know much more than that.
Good luck
Judi
Thank you Judith for replying to my message.
Pat

Hello Judith

It is 6 years since your last message regarding your James Higgins born 8 September 1908.

I have recently been investigating Dominick Higgins and Catherine Carty who married on 16 January 1901 at Kilmovee RC Church. I noticed that Dominick was living at Uggool/Egool at the time of his marriage and Catherine was living at Shammerdoo. The marriage record states that Dominick's father was James Higgins who was deceased at 16 January 1901. I have now found Dominick's Baptism record which was on 8 November 1857 at Kilmovee RC Church. His parents were James Higgins and Bridget Higgins (maiden name). The Sponsors were Patrick Higgins and Sabina Cafferky. They were living at "Transport Strickland". Do you know what "Transport Strickland" is? It seems to only appear on the Baptisms between 1857 and 1859.

The James Higgins and Bridget Griffin who are in Uggool, Kilmovee in 1901 are my Great Grandparents.

I think Dominick's mother Bridget Higgins may be related to James Higgins (maybe his sister). Dominick's father James Higgins maybe related to the Patrick Higgins who is married to Mary Gara and living in Uggool in 1901 (maybe his brother).

I have also found another Patrick Higgins who married Mary Higgins in 1856 and they were living in Uggool prior to 1901 and look like one of them is related to my James Higgins (probably Mary Higgins is his sister.)

Have you found any more on your James Higgins son of Dominick and Catherine? Have you found the Marriage Record of Dominick's parents James Higgins and Bridget Higgins. It would have been before 1857 and I haven't been able to locate it yet.

Pat Berry (nee Higgins)

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service