Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to genealogical research, but I have some information on William Graves Barnett, John Barnett, Sherrod William Barnett, and Henry Barnett, the latter three having lived in Pulaski County, Kentucky. Henry was my grandfather, Sherrod my great grandfather, and so forth.

I've never had much luck getting past William Graves Barnett, at least in terms of authoritative information.

If anyone would like to talk about this topic, I'd be happy to share what (little) I know.

Best wishes,

John Barnett

Views: 1934

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Dallas,

Unfortunately, this isn't the same Henry that I was referring to, although there are connections, surely, between our branches of the Barnetts. My Henry is Henry Hyden Barnett, my grandfather, born in Pulaski County, Kentucky, on January 31, 1873, and died at home in Mount Victory, Kentucky (I believe), on November 26, 1944. He is the son of S.W. (Sherrod or Sheroad) Barnett and Tobiatha (Tabitha or Tobithi) J. Barnett. Through Sherrod, I connect with Gwen--her Grandfather Dug, was my Grandfather Henry's brother, both sons of Sherrod and Tobiatha.

Sherrod does connect to William Graves Barnett, Thomas Barnett and Sarah Croshaw Graves, et al., so there's definitely a family connection.

Thanks for dropping me a line.

And, Gwen, I owe you an email!
This family is well documented in Mic Barnette's DNA project page.

If you Google Mic Barnette, you will find them.

Hi, I seem to be descended from the above mentioned line:

John was the son of William and Anna Rolfe Barnett.

It seems my great grandmother was an Anderson and all of her lines seem to be from Colonial Virginia. However. my other 7/8ths seems to be pretty recent immigrants primarily from Scandinavia.  -Mark Jensen

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service