Everyone needs a laugh once in a while. So here are my list of excuses as why I can't find my ancestors.
1. My ancestors were the original Cabbage Patch Kids.
2. They came from outer space.
3. They took the slow boat and haven't gotten here yet.
4. The captain of the ship was a man and wouldn't ask for directions.
5. I haven't found the rock they crawled out from under.
6. They were in a witness protection program.
7. All my ancestors had daughters and all my lines "daughtered out"
Feel free to add to these.
Most Collins in Ireland are in Limerick & Tipperary so I would assume that your grandfather came from Tooreen, Co.Tipperary or tooreen in limerick near croom.
My Mother was Collins from the Tipperary/Limerick border. She had a granduncle called John Collins went to the states in the 1800s?
Hilarious . Hate to say this but quite a few of Murphy's law applies to me. Just insert Jones for Smith.
Hahahaha! I love your list! Number 2 reminded me of what my aunt always says about one particular ancestor - that he was dropped off by aliens, and then picked up again 40 years later!