Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Who are your Dutch ancestors? Have you been able to trace them into The Netherlands? Where did they come from?

Views: 4767

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Cherlye, what Deckers do you have? I have some in Wantage, Sussex, NJ.
I also have Hendricks in Fort Orange, Albany & Ulster Co, NY.
My Dutch ancestor, Isaac Van Ooyen was born in the Netherlands in 1849 and immigrated to Appleton, Wisconsin in abt 1850, along with his parents: Dennis Van Ooyen & Margaret De Witt. I do not know for sure where in the Netherlands they originated from, but did find an on-line grade school class project stating that the family came from Geldermalsen, Netherlands. Some of that information did match up with what little I have on the older generations, but I have not documented this information yet.
Kathy,

In 1845 and 1847, infant children of Teunis Arie van Ooijen and Margrita de Wit died in Geldermalsen (source: Genlias, the Dutch database of BMD records). Probably Teunis and Margrita are your ancestors Dennis and Margaret? I cannot find their marriage in Genlias, even though Geldermalsen marriages are in Genlias. Maybe they married elsewhere.
Hello Kathy!
My 4th great grandfather's name was John Van Ooyen of Appleton, Wisconsin and was the brother of Dennis Van Ooyen. John came to America in 1851. Not sure if you found out any other information about Dennis and Margaret. I do know that they left the Netherlands and arrived in New York on 6/17/1852 on a ship called the Witte Cornz De With, with 51 other passengers. The settled in Buchanan WI close to my 4th great grandfather's family.
:-)
Brandon
I am looking for any information on Hendrick WAGGEMAN (not sure of the spelling) who was born about 1620 in Amsterdam.I am not sure about the accuracy of this information. He died in 1682 in either New Amsterdam (New York) or Northampton Co,VA. His wife was Winifred SCHYN (unknown SCHYN and Margaret). Is SCHYN also a dutch name? I am a descendant of their daughter Winifred WAGGEMAN who married Henry MILES about 1679. I appreciate any info or advice regarding this group.
My family arrived in America from Zeeland, specifically the IJzendijke/Hoofdplaat/Biervliet areas.

That was Charles Ludovicus VAN PARIJS (1846 - aft. 1922) and Johanna Maria KREBBEKX (1847-1920). They emigrated to the north-central Wisconsin area. That area is a big Dutch area as you can tell by a lot of the city and business names. The name was Americanized to VAN PRICE, which initially caused me a lot of trouble, but I found out that PARIJS and PRICE were somewhat interchangeable and the rest is history (pun intended.)

The surnames I have back from this family (according to the Zeeland Archives) are: DEES, SCHALLOIR, SCHAIJE, JUNIS, KNUDDE, VAN DOESELAAR, VERMUELEN, and MASUERE. Some of them go back into northern Belgium.
My dutch ancestors were VanPelt,VanDykes,VanKeuren,Ostrander,Bradt,VanSlyke,VanWagennen,Sleight,DEGroot,DeBow,DeWitt,Luycaszen,and many others
Hi Debra! I have Bradts from Amsterdam who settled in Hurley, Ulster, NY.
ECKERSON/ACKERSON NY-NJ
Thomas Hugesson m. Sara Brout
JanThomaszen (Eckerson) bap.. 11 Dec. 1644 m.Apollonia Switz
Cornelis Eckerson bap.9 Apr 1671 m. Willemptje Flierboom
Thomas Eckerson bap. 3 Mar 1706 m. Elizabeth Meyer and Geertruyd Van Dalssen
Abraham born 2 Mar, bp 29 Mar 1747, married Dirkie Westervelt
Jacobus Eckerson 6 Nov bap. 9 Dec 1787 at Tappan m. Jane Bain
LOOKING FOR DOCUMENTATION PROVING SON, DAVID, BORN 1819 OR 1820.I have marriage record that Jacobus signed saying David andLucinda Varnum were of age but it doesn't give relationship. Any help appreciated.
My Dutch ancestor was Evert Dircksen who came to America in 1683 with his two children and (it's beleved) his sister and her child.
He settled in the Albany area. His son Jan married Sytje Jacobz (Van Etten) and eventually adopted the surname Terwilliger. One of his sons married Sarah Freer, the daughter of Hugo Freer who was one of the "Duzine" - the 12 original Huguenot Patentees of New Paltz, NY. Our immigrant ancestor's father has long been accepted to be "Dirck of Viannen, Holland" who was a farmer near the Lek River.
My ancestors were the Overtooms and Dalemans. They lived in Nord Holland around the Schagen area. I was wanting the will from my GGGG grandfather Arien Overtoom who was born @1789 and died @ 1861. I'm not sure who to contact to try and retrieve this article. He was a baker by profession.

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service