Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

I'm a day late but here is the challenge for the week:

Scrap information about an important day without using photos of the people involved. This could be a wedding, confirmation, naturalization day, whatever, but find ancestors you don't have photos of, and scrap something about an important day in their lives.

Views: 198

Replies to This Discussion

I've gone more with an important life-changing event rather than a specific date, since I'm not sure of the date. I think that Joseph's situation is terribly timely. I really like the bleakness of the photo. I found it at the LOC website.

Oh yes, this is a great photo to illustrate this life changing event. Great job! Thanks for sharing.
Love the photograph, Mary. And your scrapbook page. Tells a graphic tale, doesn't it?
This is an excellent first attempt Kristine. The only suggestion I would make is to add a bit of shadowing on your elements to give them a bit of depth. But this is fine as it is, and thank you for sharing.
I like the way you handled this page, Kristine. It is simple but lovely and is a great way to preserve this ceremony for their descendants.
Both posted so far look great! I had to think on this one a bit. I had something in my head, but it didn't translate quite the way I saw it. Part of me thinks it's lacking something, at the same time there is so much there I was afraid of having too much. Anyway, here it is. The story of the immigration of my 6th great grandparents from Germany to the states in 1737.
Attachments:
I love the ones with stories, Sherri, and I don't think you put in too much at all. It's neat and uncrowded, very nice. Thank you for sharing.
Sherri, I enjoyed reading this page about your ancestors. I liked the way you've used different papers for the background and especially like the blue one under the picture of the ships. Very good work.

I did this page several years ago and love the drape but it is a small resolution and was pixilated. Playing around I decided to posterize the layer. I have many photos of Papa but not from this day. It was a very important day to him and Mama my grandparents from Denmark.
This is a really neat way to showcase their Naturalization certificate. I love the drape, too. You do a great job with your pages, Marcia.
I think the low res of the drapes actually adds to the flavor of this piece. I love it. Thanks for sharing.
I found these cards that were given to my sister and her husband on the day of their wedding. I had just discovered digital scrapbooking and loved playing around with the cards and some of the embellishments and papers in "A Mother's Love" by Marie Stones at http://www.freedigitalscrapbooking.com and "Winter Wonderland" by Darlene Haughin for Stone Accent Studios at stoneaccentsstudio.com.

I wrote a short post about the pages in my blog Genealogy Traces. I hope you enjoy them.

Judy

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service