Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

I am trying to find my 2x great grand parents. W U Thompson and Amelia A Reed I have no idea what state or country they came from. The only record I have found is their names on the death certificate of their son, John Robert Thompson. John was born Dec27, 1883 in Dennison, Texas.
I'm at a major brick wall. I can't fin either W U or Amelia any where.Can someone help?

Views: 141

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Also found Effie and Edgar in 1930:

1930 United States Federal Census
Name: Edgar N Thompson
Home in 1930: Ada, Pontotoc, Oklahoma
View Map
Estimated birth year: abt 1890
Birthplace: Oklahoma
Relation to Head of House: Head
Spouse's name: Effie
Race: White
Household Members:
Name Age
Edgar N Thompson 40
Effie Thompson 33
Estelane Thompson 17
Faye Thompson 16

Source Citation: Year: 1930; Census Place: Ada, Pontotoc, Oklahoma; Roll 1927; Page: 12B; Enumeration District: 3; Image: 91.0.
This appears to be Effie Thompson's obituary from 1990, looks like she remarried after Edgar's death, not sure why her father's last name is different:

Daily Oklahoman, The (Oklahoma City, OK) - April 14, 1990
Deceased Name: Effie Thompson Anderson
ANDERSON

Effie Thompson, age 94, passed away locally April 12, 1990. Born in Merit, TX on December 30, 1895 to Thomas and Martha Lawhon. Resident of OKC for 24 years and a homemaker. Survived by a daughter, Faye T. Hodgins of OKC; 6 grandchildren, 15 great grandchildren and 6 great great grandchildren. Committal Services were held 2pm, Friday, in the Holdenville Cemetery, Holdenville, OK.

VONDEL L. SMITH

& SON MORTURAY

13125 N. MacArthur 720-1439

Page: 11
Copyright (c) 1990 Oklahoma Publishing Company

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service