Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Hi there

Yesterday i went to my partners fathers funeral and as usual at these family occasions the talk of family history popped up. an Aunt would love to get back in contact with her cousin who she hasn't seen since the cousin and her parents emigrated from Jarrow in County Durham, England to the USA in around 1947/48.

The cousin is Sylvia Hedley born in Jarrow, UK c1935. her parents were John William Hedley and Margaret known as Meggie. It's believed they lived in Gary in Indiana.

What we'd love to know is if Sylvia is still around and also if she married, if so her married name etc...

If anyone in the USA could help it'd be great as its the Aunts 50th wedding anniversary next year and she's love it if Sylvia could meet up for this. 

Thank you in advance.

Tracey xx

Views: 312

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tracey

Hello. I know this was an old post, but I have only just now found it. Sylvia is my cousin too! Margaret was part of a large family, so Sylvia has many cousins. My name is Philip (Phil) Milbourne, son of Helena Maines, Margaret's sister. As far as I am aware, Sylvia was born in London, England in 1937. Emigrated 1947, address given in Gary, Indiana. Sylvia married, became Sylvia Hodgson, she was a teacher. Had 2 daughters, then literally vanished. Margaret brought the girls up, and remarried twice. Sadly Margaret and all of Margaret's siblings are no longer with us. Whatever became of Sylvia is still a mystery. I never met her, but rememer photos - very pretty. I did know Margaret and her last 2 husbands, also Sylvia's daughters, one was at my wedding in 1989, and I keep in contact occasionally with the other.

I live in Loughborough. England

Phil

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service