Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

My line starts with a George H Green b abt 1804 in Va d 1850 Va married abt 1845 to a Mary C. (possibly Brown and probably 2nd marriage for her) children on 1850 census of City of Richmond were Martha T, Julia A, Mary, William, Sarah ( these I believe were surnamed Brown) and children most likely by hubby George were James 4yo, Charles 2yo, George 0.
Im from Charles.
Later found on census of Athens, Greene Co. NY in 1875, Full name Charles Francis Marion Greene. Funny that he used the E at the end. He marries Emily Estella Church aka Emma.
Anyone researching Greene/Green in VA this era I would sure like to talk to you as Im stuck on where to go to find George's parents or if you think you may be related??

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Susan I am not related, however, I came across a really great resource which may help you identify resources that may doxument the parents of George. FamilySearch Wiki has a great article of resources in Richmond County Virginia

Also visit the link for the Family History Library Catalog under "Websites" near the bottom of the page. This will take you to all the resources listed in the Family History Library Catalog for Richmond County. Also see the Virginia page on the Wiki and its resources.

I hope this helps!
Happy Hunting!
Sincerely,
Robin aka @savingstories

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service