Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Offers of Help by SKAS (Some Kind Aussie Souls) Please do not post requests to this discussion

Please use this discussion forum to leave details of lookups, cemetery checks and photos that you are happy to do for group members.

Please do not post requests to this discussion but directly to the kind soul or in the folder set up for this purpose by Co Ordinator.

Views: 586

Replies to This Discussion

I have a subscription to Ancestry World and World Vital records and will look up information there.

I have an interest in far north Qld and have "Queen of the North" by Glenville Pike. I also have a couple of books about Harrisville, near Ipswich Qld, if anyone has any interests there.

Anne
Don't know if I should post this here, or in Brickwalls. Here goes. Looking for Annie Walsh, no dates, daughter of Martin Walsh and Mary L Coleman, married a Frederick William Ledger Jr (1903 - 1971)in 1927 in Victoria. Has a brother William "Bill" Walsh who's death is also a brick wall. Bill Walsh was born 1892 in Hay NSW, died unknown, married Amelia Smith McColl, who died in 1919 in the plague. Want to know what happened to Annie Walsh Ledger, can't find her death listed anywhere. Don't have any dates or any info on the Walsh parents except their names. Any help at all would be wonderful, I've been wondering what happened to Annie for years. Kind Regards and a happy new year.
is there anyone who visits the Mitchell library? I am looking for a couple of records from the Sydney Benevolent Asylum. I have the idex with these entries but need the full records if possible. Is anyone able to assist Please,
Thanks Carmel
Moving this back to the top of the list - If you can help others with lookups etc please post your offer here.

Thanks
Please use this forum to let us know how you can help others.
Hi Debby
I have put some details of James and John Jauncey on a doc for you to look at

Wayne
Thanks Wayne that excellent, I didn't have that information. Are you related to the Jaunceys or just have access to these documents? I have some other information on the Jaunceys including information from England and some newspaper and book articles, primarily about John but also some about the time James spent in the 81st Regt. of Foot, serving in the Napoleonic wars, at Waterloo and also Corunna. I am happy to share with any other Jauncey researchers.

Debby
Debby
I glad that was of interest for you I will look for some more and i think i may have found your missing Carew

I will get back to you soon

I'm a person that like's to help others where I can

Wayne
Thanks Wayne much appreciated.

What I do know of her is this:

Mary Carew
born approx 1817 Tipperary Ireland
Parents: John Carew and Mary Horigan.
Married John Jauncey on 11 Apr 1842 at Goulburn.
Died at Angledale Bega on 26 Jul 1877.
Mother of Elizabeth, Margaret, Ellen, Julia, Agnes, James, William, Mary and John
Sister of Julia, Margaret and Michael

Thanks
Debby
Hi Debby
Sorry about the delay

The Carew I found was a Sarah that was transported out here as a convict on the
"Roslyn Castle" (Rosslyn) in 1836 and in 22 Oct 1842 she got her Certificate of Freedom.

I also find this:
Lastname: CAREW Firstname: MARY Sex: F
Imprisonment place: Co. Tipperary
Trial date: 28/06/1853 Crime desc: Larceny
Sentence: Transportation for 7 yrs
Document ref1: TR 13, P 229 Comment1:
Convict ordered to be discharged, 07/07/1857.
it may be her??
And this:
On the ship “China” CAREW Mary age 25 19-12-1839 , Unmarried and listed as a house maid

May be some help to you

Wayne
HI Wayne,

Thanks for the info. I don't think she can be the first one as she had already been married in Australia by those dates. The 2nd is a possibility although the age is out a bit but if she was illiterate or the person making the passenger list was lazy I know that sometimes happened. I'll go back and have another look at the marriage certificate and get her death certificate to see if there is anything I have missed on them that might confirm the 2nd one.

Debby
sorry about the answering requests here will goto to the Help Lookup folder next time

Wayne

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service