Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

My Husband’s Irish Ancestors: Noble, Adams, Maycock, Stuart, Stewart, Armstrong, Walker, Walsh

My Husband’s Irish Ancestors – Does anyone have information on any of them?

All ended up in Ontario for a couple of generations – then headed west.

Francis Noble – 1788 Enniskillen, County Fermanagh, Ireland - married Elizabeth Adams – immigrated – child Frances Adams Noble born 1812 Massachusetts, USA and Edward Adams Noble 1916 Washington, Pennsylvania, USA dies in Ontario.

Edward Adams Noble Marries Henrietta Maycock (19 Jul 1824 Barbados, West Indies to 01 Mar 1907 Simcoe, Ontario, Canada. They had 5 children: Francis (Frank) Richard, George Robert, Frances Elizabeth, Edward and Henrietta.

James Stuart (Stewart) 1817 Sligo, Ireland death 10 Apr 1882 Sligo married no date) Anne Armstrong 1820 Sligo- 10 Apr 1882 Sligo had 7 children: Dorothea, Jane, Caroline, Robert, John Armstrong, Mary, and Susan Stuart.

James Walker 1787 & Alice 1791 both born Ireland he died about 1860 Lanark County, Ontario, Canada and Alice 1882 Artemesia, Grey East, Ontario, Canada (need Alice’s Maiden name and place of birth in Ireland). They had 7 children -- Elizabeth Jane, George, John, Alice, Oswald, Samuel and Matilda.

William Walsh 1832 Ireland married Martha Fairbanks 22 Nov 1858 Aghanagh, Sligo, Ireland – do not have death dates for either of them. Had two children: Thomas and Martha.

Views: 529

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You may find that your husband Stuart/Stewart line originally came from Scotland and settled in  Northern Ireland ( Plantation of Ulster) when the lands were opened up by King James I in the very early 1600's. These colonists came from Scotland and England.  Sligo, Ireland is connected with the border of Northern Ireland just for your info :)

I am a direct descendant of Bethiah STEWART who was born Sep. 21, 1704 in Chatham, B, Massachusetts and married Samuel HAMILTON May 25, 1727 in Chatham
Bethiah is the daughter of Michael STEWART b. May 2, 1677 in Yarmouth, Mass. and Mary of Mass.
Michael is the son of:
Hugh STUART STUARD b. 1650 Chatham, Mass
and Wate Watestill Hope DENNE b, 1652 Mass.
Hugh is the son of:
James STEWART STUART b. abt. 1611 and unknown wife of Scotland.

Bethiah and Samuel HAMILTON had Mehitable HAMILTON b. 1735 Chatham who married Robert PLAICWAY who had Mary PLACEWAY b. 1762 in liverpool, Queens, Nova Scotia and married James MCCLEARN in Nova Scotia.

My Great Great Grandfather is the 3rd Great Grandson of Bethiah and Samuel.

Good luck in your research!

Hello Betty-Anne: I only recently stumbled across your post and noticed an error in the information you give on the wife of Edward Adams NOBLE.

She was not Henrietta MAYCOCK, but rather Henrietta TAYLOR, born in St. Michael, Barbados 19 July 1824, and baptised there 27 June 1825, the daughter of Richard TAYLOR & his wife Elizabeth Mehitabel JONES.

Henrietta Catherine MAYCOCK was also born in St. Michael, Barbados, 16 Feb 1823 and baptised there 30 Dec 1823, the daughter of the Rev. Dottin MAYCOCK & his wife, Elizabeth Dottin WAITH. (Rev. Maycock  died of a fever in St. Lucia, 11 February 1825).

Henrietta did travel to Pennsylvania, arriving in Philadelphia 5 July 1853, but she died there the following year:

The Barbadian Newspaper, 1854. April 19. "Died. On 12 ulto in Square Street, Philadelphia, Henrietta Catherine, only surviving issue of the late Rev. Dottin Maycock, formerly of the island of St. Lucia."

If this is of interest, I can provide you with additional information on the TAYLOR & JONES families, neither of whom are of Irish origin, but it would be too lengthy to post here. I hope this will be of help to you.

Regards

Ernest Wiltshire in Ottawa

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service