Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

James U. Moore was born in Beaver Dam, Pennsylvania on 13 Sep 1816, son of Eli Moore and Deborah Updegraph/Updegraff. He married Rebecca (Cook) on 07 Sep 1836 in Cadiz, Harrison Co., Ohio and later moved to Collinsville, Illinois where his brother Joseph was making cowbells.

His children by Rebecca were: Thomas Anderson Moore (1838-1915) who married Clarissa V. Pilcher; Isaac L. Moore (1842-1933) who married Abbie A. Malone, and 2nd wife Hannah and later resided in Oakland, Alameda Co., California; Cinthia "Amanda" Moore (1845-1909) who married Henry Henze and resided in St. Louis; and Joseph Moore (1853-1886) who resided in St. Louis.

Due to their differences regarding the Civil War, James and Rebecca parted ways. She remained in St. Louis while James went south to Lamar Co., Texas. He and his 2nd wife (who is known only as "S.A.C") were married in Texas in 1863 and had one son, John Ashley Moore who was born 15 Feb 1864. They also adopted a daughter, Ada M. Cherry of whom little is known.

J.U. died in Cothranville, Lamar Co., Texas and according to his son Tom's notes, was laid to rest in the village church yard. He died at the age of seventy in April 1887.

Interested in sharing my Moore line with others.
Patti

Views: 235

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Patti:

Glad to see this page. My computer crashed and I lost all information that I had from you. Yes, I know, backup ... backup ... backup. The correspondence you sent me disappeared when I had to reset my computer and I did not have most of it on line since it was personal and private and copyrighted and gifted, etc.

If you ever have the time to resend your emails to me I would so very much appreciate them. And ... yes, I will backup next time.

You're lookin' good in that photo! What a great smile!

RoseMary
So sorry to hear about your computer! I will definitely re-send you the files via email.
Patti
Patti:

Thanks so much! You're a gem. I think this site is a very good idea.

RM
I have a lot of Moore s in my maternal line. At least two were married to the Shivery s in Centre Co PA I have quite
a few starting with a Andrew Moore b Jun 1688 in Antrim Cty, N Ireland and down to the mid 1800s. The ones I have in
PA are all in either Centre or Clearfield Co.
Does anyone wish any further information? It would be easier for me to use e-mail, this web site is too difficult to re-find
any particular place I have been previously. I "more or less" stumbled onto this forum list.
...Lew... LHartswick@earthlink.net

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service