Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Participation in DNA tests thru The Parke Society has knocked a brick out of my brick wall.  It took about a year, but a Pennsylvania descendant of Parks contacted me because our DNA match was extremely close.  We believe we have the father of my James Parks in her tree, thru his first wife.  Unfortunately, we have yet to find the first wife and names of the children - will take a couple trips to other counties in Pennsylvania and Virginia to check county records, and health issues don't permit that for a few months.  But we move closer.  The immigrant seems to have been Joseph Parks, born abt 1727 in Ireland, who settled in Virginia in 1760 but moved back and forth between Cumberland County, PA and Fishersville, VA.  I have Joseph and his wife's grave stones in Fishersville but we have yet to locate their oldest son James, who is possibly the father of my James.  DNA is a great tool! 

Views: 137

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The connection just wasn't there!  It's fairly close, but not close enough.  A later entry was even closer, but the connection of the Parks men we need must be in Ireland.  Still searching for James Parks born 1790-1791 in Virginia who migrated to Indiana.  He is found in 1850 in Blackford County, Indiana with wife Eliza and two children, and again in Delaware County, Indiana in 1860 with wife Eliza and two children, Lydia Jane and Isaac James.  If you find them, let me know!!

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service