Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Start by telling us about yourself, your family history, your genealogy interests, and the current focus of your genealogy research.

Views: 19333

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My name is Marilyn Couch. I have found that through my Grandma Little I have Indian heritage. It is through the Little's and the Miller's. It seems that I am related to Morning Little Kimborough. I would love info on her and her family. I find it difficult to maneuver through all the info.
Thanks!

Welcome aboard, Marilyn. I'm afraid I have no information on your ancestor. Have you tried a Google Search on her name? Good luck in your journey. What part of the information is difficult? I'm not certain I'm following you.

Is that Morning Kimborough (1705 - 1756)???

Hello All,

I've been dabbling in Genealogy since around 2000. I'm from the Shenandoah Valley, Va. so as you might imagine it started as a curiosity/fascination with the possibility of my historical heritage.

I do not currently have any memberships with paid genealogy sites  (I'm a father of 3 who misplaced  his Golden Goose) so I rely heavily on the internet and sites like "Family Search" and "Find A Grave"

I'm currently researching 4 names (in order of priority) O'Neill, Caracofe, Mowbray and Magalis. The first 2 of which have more spellings than I have years to research them.. Primary area of focus on all 4 is Mid Atlantic region into Ohio with ties to Az. and Fl. as well.

While I don't have any formal training in genealogy I do have excellent research skills and instincts so I get by. Looking forward to being able to possibly help some of you and maybe even get a tip here and there for myself.

Cheers!

Hi, everyone! I like to do genealogical research when I get a chance. I've just started working on my Scandinavian ancestry. It sure is challenging! I'm trying to locate the Swedish town that my ancestros emigrated from. I know they left from Malmo. I also know a cousin is buried in a small town near Hasselholm. Any advice? I'll be traveling there in 2 weeks and would love to find ancestral graves. Heather

See if you can locate the Library in the town(s) you're going to be visiting and find out if and how they can help you. The times they are open, if you can purchase copies of any records found or save them onto a thumb drive, that sort of thing. Good luck on your search! So exciting!

Thanks April! I've actually done this for another branch of the family. I don't know as much about my Swedish roots. :-(

I am Sandra Coulter, and I'm looking for information about my great-grandfather.  He was born in Belfast, Ireland, in 1801.  If anyone information on John Kennedy, I would appreciate very much hearing from you.  He came to the USA in 1819 aboard the Thomas Gelston as best I can determine.  He lived in Laurens County, South Carolina before moving to Cartersville, GA. He was married to Barbara Kirkpatrick.

Dear Sandra,

A couple of questions:  Do you have any census information on him?  Do you have his death certificate?  I assume you are interested in finding his parents.  Any known siblings in America?  What resources do you have?

--Al Dawson (Microfish7@aol.com)

Yes, I do.

LaFramboise'Kaquatosh

Hello Everyone;

My grandmother was Ann LaRocque, her father Mose LaRocque and his father Pierre LaRocque.  Pierre's wife, Marianne LaFramboise's parents were both full Menominee Native Americans - Joseph LaFramboise and Veronique Kaquatosh.

I am having a good deal of trouble connecting Veronique to her ancestry as I'm finding from there out a lot of one-named people, or simply named 'Menominee Indian Woman', etc..  Several sources have Veronique,  her brother Louis Bernard Kaquatosh and their step-brother Charles Langlade born from 'Ka-I-Wa-Tosh and a Menomenee Indian Woman, with Ka-I-W-Tosh being a son of one of Tomah Caron's four wives, two of which have no name or children listed.  Not sure if that connection is true.

Would be very interested for some assistance in the 'Kaquatosh' ancestry of my greatx4 grandmother Veronique.   Thanks

Have you seen the information posted on the Ancestry message board?

https://www.ancestry.com/boards/thread.aspx?mv=flat&m=139&p...

There is another thread at
http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/NISHNAWBE/2001-01/097...

I also have LaFramboise ancestors, but do not believe they are connected with the family you are researching.
Mine go back to dit Devoyault/Devoyau/Desvoyeau, Daoust, Sauve, Poirier, Leduc, LaPlante, Lalond families.

Cheers,
Sue

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service