Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Start by telling us about yourself, your family history, your genealogy interests, and the current focus of your genealogy research.

Views: 15936

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congrats on your excellent choices!

I'm just finishing up the Social Media Tools for the Wise Genealogist course, and am about to begin Methodology 2. I started researching my family over 20 years ago, and have loved the "hunt." Very few records were available for the part of Slovakia I was researching, so I was lucky to find the town's church records, going back to the early 1700s, had been filmed by the LDS Church!  I also research family in Mecklenburg, Germany, and Liverpool, Ireland, and Scotland. 

I live in New York's Hudson Valley, and am fascinated by it's history. Although my own ancestors did not enter this country until 1892, I love searching nearby for records for others.  I think of genealogy as looking at history through a microscope - learning about the people, not just the events that shaped history. 

Hi, I live in Richmond, British Columbia but am originally from Winnipeg. My Dad was born in the Netherlands and came to Canada when he was 5. I have been able to research my Dutch ancestors back to the 1700's....Woerlee, Kloosterman, van den Hoek and Wijnhoven are the main lines. In Canada on my mother's side I have been able to go back 16 generations to the 1600's when my ancestors came over from France to settle Quebec, then travelled west as fur traders and settled in Manitoba. My main lines are Boyer, Lavallee, delaronde and Chartrand in Manitoba. I have had my DNA tested and have had lots of matches....now I need time to follow up all of the leads.

I have been working on my family history for almost 50 years now. Of course I have lots of brick walls but from time to time get a new lead....very exciting.

Hello from Susan Dzialo Hazelquist!

I recently joined and am working on my family ancestors tree and will have it made into a book through “My Canvas.”

They produce a beautiful book!

i was wondering if anyone knows how to access records containing ancestors that were accomplished ballerina dancers in the 1920’s and 30’s?  My Grand Aunt lived in the Chicago Illinois area.  Her name is Mildred LaVoy, my grandmother’s sister on my fathers side.

if anyone knows anything about this please I need your help??

thank you!!

Susan Dzialo Hazelquist 

RSS

Members

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Nat Ins for Genealogical Studies.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service