Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Start by telling us about yourself, your family history, your genealogy interests, and the current focus of your genealogy research.

Views: 19333

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi from Kansas!  I have been doing personal genealogical research for several years, but when I moved to the KC area, I discovered a goldmine of repositories here:  the National Archives, the Midwest Genealogy Center (the largest public freestanding repository in the country), the enormous research department of the National World War I Museum.....   After I learned that only a small percentage of all information has been scanned and digitized so far, I decided to become a Field Genealogist!   Now I go out and do the physical search for hard copy document and photographs.   I love it!  It is thrilling.   I go to small town courthouses, newspapers, antique stores, cemeteries, and the repositories,   I can’t wait to see where my clients will send me next!

Excellent!  Stay safe out there in the field.  

--Al

Will do!  Thanks Al

Hi I just joined this site. I am Amelia Betty Bowers Risk. I am working on my family tree which has many branches. Bowers, Nidiffer, Barnett for me starting where I grew up in E.Tennessee. Also for my son the Risk and McMillen families primarily in New York and Pennsylvania. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am aware of the Bowers family around Myra and Jonancy ,Kentucky.As for the Barnett's, checkout Pulaski county,mo.My Boehr line is from the Bristol area.

Hello my Bowers line is in Johnson City, Tn., Elizabethton, Tn. and Pennsylvania..Bristol is not far from Elizabethton and Johnson City.

My Booher line came from Penn. to Paperville area around 1800.The reason i know of the Bowers in Pike County,ky. is that i served in the Army with James Bowers of this area.The family seems well established in this area.

My Boohers came from Sullivan County,tn. They migrated to Missouri In the late 1850's.Since they had all daughters their reords are gone now.However it was a large family and spread out your area as well.

I'm working on an Irish Certificate and I've learned so much! I'm researching surnames Roddy (Mayo/Roscommon), Morrisroe (Mayo), Carroll (Kildare/Dublin) and Ruxton (Offaly).

I live northwest of Chicago and have been doing research about 7 years. 

Hello. I am James Retson and my genealogy website is http://retson.ca/retsongeneology.html

I was born in Nova Scotia and started doing genealogy at age 12 and by now have many lines back to 1600 where I am stopping. I am now filling in the details and stories. I am still researching some lines in Northern England, Ireland and the United States

Hi - I find myself revisiting my brick walls of late, and I found myself back here after a lengthy absence. I am still working on my Steere, Fletcher, Lavelle and those families that connect.

Hi there!  I'm currently living in Marin County, CA, but am a native of Maryland.  I belong to the Marin County Genealogical Society and am on the Board.  I've been researching since 2005, and am primarily self-taught, learning by doing.  I was an early-adopter of Ancestry DNA and several family members have tested also, which has been very helpful in my research. I married in 2017 and have been subsequently built a tree for my husband's family.  When his father, who was adopted at birth in 1942 took a DNA test, I was able to piece together his birth family tree from shared matches, learning about NPE research as I went. I'm now coming back around to take more formal training and pick up the pieces I've missed along the way. I'm also hoping this community might assist with some of my brick walls - I've posted one such puzzle in a Surname Group already!  

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service