Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

I have just added 2 groups and thought I'd tell a bit about the idea behind them.

TEXAS HISTORY HUNTERS

Being a 4th generation Texan and proud of my Texas heritage, naming my website "Texas History Hunter" only seemed natural, since I was digging most of the time into Texas related records and history. So anyone, like me, hunting for records or history in Texas, is welcome, whether you live in Texas or not.

CEMETERY & FUNERAL HOME REVIEWS

I am also a volunteer headstone photographer. In dealing with office staff, sometimes they are great, sometimes they are not. It would have been nice to have been able to know before hand what to expect!

Tags: Cemetery & Funeral Home Reviews, Texas History Hunters, groups

Views: 126

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

New Groups

Clayton Family Genealogy - If you you are a Clayton or have a Clayton in your family tree, then this is where you should be. Start or join a topic. Meet your Clayton relatives.

Harvey Family Genealogy - Whether you are descended from William and Thomas Harvey, who came from Somerset, England and helped colonize Dorcester, Massachusetts, or Turner "Longbow" Harvey, or another Harvey, this group's for you. Related to a Harvey? Join the group.

Florida Family Roots - Trying to trace your family in Florida? Know an answer in regards to Florida families? Then this is the group to join and post your questions and answers.

Fields Family Genealogy - Come research and discuss the Fields Family. You might harvest some new relations.
There is a new genealogical site for du Plessis and du Plessis de Richelieu researchers: http://www.genealogywise.com/group/duplessisduplessisderichelieu.
The idea is to research the du Plessis and du Plessis de Richelieu family worldwide. During the 1600’s when Jean Prieur du Plessis moved to South Africa another (unknown) du Plessis de Richelieu moved to Denmark. There are also indications that a member / members of the same family settled in Canada.
If you are interested in this family, I hope that you will participate and render a contribution.
Attachments:
NEW GROUPS

Mothershead, Mothershed Surname - This group is for researchers of the Mothershead, Mothershed families. Come meet your relatives. Post on the group forums.

Dugger, Duggar Surnames - Come research the Dugger, Duggar families, you may find you have a long lost cousin out there. Post your question or knowledge in the group forum.

Shubert Surname and Variants - Group for researchers of the Shubert surname and it's variants. Come join a topic or start a new one in the group forum.

Azlin, Aslin, Asselin Surnames - Researching and discussing the Alzin, Aslin, and Asselin families from their origins to present day. Post in the group forum.

Duncan Surname and Variants - Are you a Duncan or researching someone with the Duncan surname in your family? Then feel free to start a topic or join an open topic and meet other Duncan researchers.

Moye Surname - Dedicated to the research of the Moye Families. Feel free to start a new topic with your information or join an existing topic.

MacCallister, MacAllister, McAlister Surnames and Variants - Dedicated to researching the MacCallister families and variant spellings. Feel free to add your knowledge or ask a question in the group forum.

Matthews, Mathews, Mathis, Matthew Surnames and Variants - Designed for the research of the Matthews Families and variant spellings of the name. Post your inquiries in a new topic or join an existing one.

Alden, Aldin Surnames - Designed for researching the Alden/Aldin families. Post your questions or share your information in the group forum.

Cosby Surname - Have a Cosby in your family tree? Then you found the right group to join and research the Cosby surname. Use the group forum for your questions and information.

Glass Surname - Come research the families with the surname Glass and variants of the surname. Post your information or questions in the group forum.

Hazard Surname - Come research the Hazard families. Don't worry, there is no danger when you join this group. Post your information/inquires in the group forum.

Harper Surname - Are you a Harper? Married to one? Have a Harper surname you're researching? Join this group and meet other Harper researchers

McEntyre, McIntyre Surnames and Variants - Research group for the McEntyre Family surname and variants. So if you have one in your family come join.

Willis Surname - What am I talking about? The Willis surname and its variants, of course. Join other Willis researchers in discussing the Willis families.

Morgan Surname - Whether you're Morgan line comes from Ireland, Wales, or somewhere else, this is the group for your research needs. Post your details in the Group Discussion Forum. Includes the Merrigan variant.

Tait Surname - Research the Tait Families. Post your findings or questions in the group discussion forums

Lee Surname and Variants - Whether you're researching the Lee families of Connacht, Kerry, Tipperary, Ulster, Virginia, or eslewhere, this group's for you. Variant spelling? No problem. Join and meet other Lee researchers.

Foody Surname - Research the Foody families here. Share your knowledge or post your questions in the group forum.

Quaide Surname and Variants - Group for researching the Quaide families and variant spellings of the name; Mac Uaid, Quade, Quaid, McQuaid.

Proctor Surname - Group designed for researching the Proctor Family. Post your question or share your information in the provided discussion forum.

Briggs Surname - Come research the Briggs, and variant spellings including the Bridge variant, Families. If you have some information about these families, please feel free to start up a topic or join an existing one in the Discussion forum.
I have created ten groups on Genealogy Wise.

DAR-This group is for individuals who want to become or already are members of the Daughters of the American Revolution. My hope for this group is that individuals who are members can help those who want to become members.

Watson Family-This group is for individuals researching the Watson surname.

Eagan/Eagen Family-This group is for individuals researching the Eagan/Eagen surname.

Harrington Family-This group is for individuals researching the Harrington surname.

Roach Family-This group is for individuals researching the Roach surname.

Kirby Family-This group is for individuals researching the Kirby surname.

Daly Family-This group is for individuals researching the Daly surname.

Sauer Family-This group is for individuals researching the Sauer surname.

Eklund Family-This group is for individuals researching the Eklund surname.

Graves Family-This group is for individuals researching the Graves surname.
New Groups

Duke, Dukes Surname - Surname reasearch group for the Duke and Dukes families. Come join the group and provide you input in the group forum. Includes variant spellings of the surname: Leduc, Duque, Duchon, Duchamp.

Shaver, Schouwer, Schaefer Surnames - Designed for researching the Shaver, Schouwer, Schaefer families. Post your related information in the group discussion forum.

Sweat, Sweet Surname and related Variants - Group for researching the Sweat and Sweet Families. Variants include Suess, LeDoux and Ladue.

Sikes, Sykes Surnames - Group for researching the Sikes and Sykes Families. Post your questions, share your findings in the group discussion forum.

Lanier Surname - Group for researching the Lanier Families. Post your questions or information in the group discussion forum.

Lashley Surname - Group for researching the Lashley Families. Post your questions or information in the group discussion forum.

Lassiter Surname - Group designed for researching the Lassiter families and the variant spellings. Post your questions or share information in the group discussion forum. Variants include Lester, Liester, Lister, Leicester, Leycester, Lessiter, and Lisseter

Parrish, Paris, Patrice, Patrick, Fitzpatrick, Kilpatrick, Aparicio... - Group for researching the Parrish, Paris, Patrice, Patrick, Fitzpatrick, Kilpatrick, Aparicio Families and variant spellings. Post your information or questions in the group's discussion forum.
Tudor Surname - Research the Tudor Families. Post your questions or knowledge in the group discussion forum.

DeSay and Say/de Say Surnames - Research your DeSay and Say/de Say Families. Post your questions or knowldege of these families in the group discussion forum.

Clare/de Clare and Sinclair Surnames - Research the Clare/de Clare and Sinclair Families. Post your knowledge or questions about these families in the group discussion forum.

Bohun/de Bohun Surname - Research your Bohun Families. Includes the De Bohun variant. Post your questions or knowledge of your Bohun/de Bohun Families in the group discussion forum.

Spotswood, Spottswood Surnames

Washington Surname - Researching the Washington Families. Post your questions or knowledge about this family in the group discussion forum.

De Vere, DeVere, Vere Surnames - Researching the De Vere, DeVere, Vere families. Post your Questions, knowledge in the group's discussion forum.
Description for the Spotswood, Spottswood Surname Group:

Researching the Spotswood and Spottswood Families. Post your questions or knowledge about these families in the group discussion forum.
The English Fens - a unique part of England that covers bits of several counties - Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire and Norfolk in particular. Fenland dwellers are rumoured to have webbed feet, which unfortunately didn't help my own ancestor Levi Kisby, who fell into one of the drainage channels and drowned!
Save Our (Local Genealogical) Societies is a new group to facilitate discussions on the success and problems of local genealogical societies and how they can cope with changing technologies and integrating younger more technological savvy members with older members uncomfortable with such change in order to create strong societies. We seek your suggestions, comments, ideas, stories of things that have and haven't worked. Feel free to come over, join in, and help us shape the group and get started on idea sharing.

New Groups:

Vines - This group is for all those with Vines / Vine ancestry

Vaden - This group is for all those with Vaden ancestry, including Vadin, Vodin, Voden, Vaiden, Vauden.
I just added quite a few surname groups in the last week. Here is the list:

Stokesy Family
Switzer Family
Chapel Family
Stone Family
Audas Family
Embody Family
Jefferson Family
Fuller Family
Wright Family
Whiting Family
Chileab Family
Munforde Family
Reynolds Family
Happ Family
Delsol Family
West Family
Gardient Family
Mays Family
Sisson Family
Hulbert Genealogy
Boney Family
Bradle Family
James Family
Alston Family
Sturdivant Family
Hallom Family
Hi Jennifer, I haven't forgotten about your request, will try to get to some this evening.

RSS

Members

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Nat Ins for Genealogical Studies.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service