Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Hi All

My name is Judith and I live in Mosgiel Dunedin NZ. I have been doing research for about 11 years and belong to the New Zealand Society of Genealogists I also am a member of two genealogy groups. I have hit a solid " brickwall" in tracing my  2x Gr grandmothers family. I have found the parents James Jackson B 1828 Middlesex Surrey England m Maria Hannah Clark 27 Jan 1851 and have found some children including Hannah maria b.18 April 1851 d. 19 Sept 1944 169 Hortons Lane South Shields,James 1857 Hampstead Middlesex England d. 15 Dec 1936 Deptford England,William b 19 Nov 1860 Kensington d.15 Dec 1924. Mary Ann B 18 Oct 1863 33 Lonsdale Road London.

The brickwall is Caroline Jackson b.29 Nov 1852 Isabella 22 June 1854 Battersea Emily b. 1855 Bloomsbury SquareI have no marriage or deaths for these 3. Please where can I go for more help have tried Ancestry, Find My Past, Fam search, Uk BDM Gro uk

Thanks for any help

Judith Hayward

Views: 104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Judith,

So this family doesn't appear in any of the record collections from the websites you mentioned? Have you looked in the FamilySearch Library Catalog? Do a place search and then choose vital records and see what microfilm or digital records exist for those places.

Gena

Gena

Thank you for your reply it is only these three that are missing they probably were away being servants or away on the night.I have also used Family search catalogue  but no luck a bit of a nuisance when no middle names to follow I have all the other birth certs and some marriage and death certs. I knew that this would not be easy however I thought I would ask. Thank you so much for your reply

Judith

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service