Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

I've seen that various people have made the parental connection to Jeremiah & Frances (Long) Bryan(t). I'm having difficulty locating records verifying this connection and I would appreciate any insight or possible documentation that could be share.

Views: 257

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey there! I am actually new to this site, however I noticed this posting with Uphur County WV. My father lives in Buckhannon WV which is the county seat of Upshur county. I live in Ohio but I travel there quite often. let me know what info you desire and give me something to go on and I can try to help you out.
Excellent!

William F Bryan is my ggggrandfather. I’ve been able to find a significant amount of info on William F Bryan using online resources. I have records on his death, soldier record, Civil War Pension and various Census records. His wife Julia Ann Ours has an extensive family tree into the 1600s. I know of 8 children.

I’m looking for any record that identifies his parents. My only lead is a discussion on a genealogy forum.

Thanks.

http://genforum.genealogy.com/cgi-bin/pageload.cgi?william,f::bryan...

Re: William F. Bryan of Greene Co. Va.
Posted by: Tracy Bryan Date: May 03, 2000 at 15:43:28
In Reply to: Re: William F. Bryan of Greene Co. Va. by Susan Bryan Vitale of 8146

"Jeremiah Bryan married Frances Long in 1813. Jeremiah is mentioned in his father Edward Briant's will as Jerrey. I'm not sure yet where Edward was from but I do know that he married Mary "Polly" Hambleton daughter of Dr. Matthew Hambleton. As far as Jeremiah's children I have really only researched his sons James and William F because they both moved their families to what is now Upshur county West Virginia. William F. is who I descend from. However I believe in addition to James and William F. he had Robert A., Mary F.,Elizabeth Ann, Jeremiah, Henry, and Patricia."
You may try www.citydata.com, www.(country name).org.uk or www.cidilist.com which will work for you
I found these useful to prepare genealogy by genealogy family tree template for many people.

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service