Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

By pasting for help in here, will save the communication box from clogging up and those that can help will then look in here and contact the inquirer.and while we are at why don't we make a look up folder for each state.

Wayne

Views: 2346

Replies to This Discussion

Hi all I am looking for information on my greatgrandfather GEORGE THOMAS SAVIEL who was born in 1827 India and married in 1873 to ROSE HNIN SI in Burma. They had three childerns called LILY SAVIEL
If anyone know of them let me know at my email address.

Thank you all,

Yoursfaithfully,

George T Saviel
gtsaviel@gmail.com
24 July 2009
Hi Australian Genealogists

I'm seeking information about Bernard CONNOR who migrated to Australia from Athboy, Co. Meath, Ireland, in the 1860s, On 2 July 1873, he married Annie HANRAHAN, a migrant from Limerick, Ireland, at Springsure, near Emerald, Queensland. The marriage certificate (Reg. 1873/000710) gives Bernard's occupation as 'constable'. Later, Bernard and Annie moved to Rockhampton where they raised at least eight children, one of whom was my grandfather, Roderick John O'CONNOR (1889-1970). (I'm not sure why my grandfather became an O'CONNOR. All of his brothers and sisters seem to have remained CONNOR.)

I'd be delighted to hear from anyone with information about this family
Hi Donald Here is a Web site that you can scan through
it will take time but you may find something that will be of interest
but you have to look all over top to bottom and a lot of pages so be ready.

http://www.censusfinder.com/ireland.htm

Wayne
Hi Donald
The use of the Scotish and Irish prefixes in surnames has had some unusual results in Australia.
The Mc and Mac will often return two duplicate results for the same person. And in some families some of the children were Mc and some Mac.
I would assume that similar occurances have occurred with the ose of the O' and you wuld get with or withut the ' and also the Surname changed completely beginning with an O such as Oconnor.
I have seen this once with the Mac as well.
regards
bob
sunshine coast
Hi Donald

I am a direct descendant of Bernard Connor. i have information on Roderick Connor's brother James (have an original birth certificate from 1873), but could probably put you in touch with relatives that know more than me. I'm not sure how this website works but would be interested in sharing information and discussing.

Kind regards
matt connor
matt@mcassociates.net.au
Hi Wayne, I like to know if anyone can help me with my research of my great grandfather GEORGE THOMAS SAVIEL who was born in INDIA in 1827.
He first married SOPHIA MARY MORLEY in Calcutta, India in 1853, he later went to BURMA in 1861.
He later married ROSE HNIN SI in THONZE, BURMA in 1873.

I would like to know if anyone has any information on them.
You can send your messages to my email address.

Yoursfaithfully,

George T Saviel
gtsaviel@gmail.com
26 July 2009
Hi George have been looking but have not found anything even close I have one just like it so when I look I include yours.

May be a good idea for you to start an India folder up as I'm sure there would be some one who has access to India files.

I haven't looked but there may well be one set up on here if there is we will be surely told.

Wayne
Hi, I have found a convict who I believe to be an ancestor. I have John Croxford, convict on the 2 Jul 1817, transported on the Lady Castlereagh arriving in 1818. He appears on a couple of Musters 1822 and 1828. He was given permission to marry Mary Burchum on 15th Sept 1832 and Pardoned on 20 Nov 1837. I have a ticket of leave where it is stated that his trade is a sawyer and that his native place is Kingston. All the Croxfords in my tree originate from Kingston Blount area in Oxfordshire.
Would there be any more information with regard to his voyage, I understand that often surgeons reports can be found.
Because of the dates, on the details of his conviction from the old bailey which was in 1817 and is age was listed as 27, that would mean that he was born in 1790 and I cannot find a John Croxford born in 1890 in Oxfordshire, the nearest is 1798.
Can any one steer me in the right direction Please

Susan
Hi Susan
I have put some sites and info on a word doc for you to look at
Wayne
Thanks for thank, will keep me busy for a while. I did think that his parents may be
Hohn and Hannah, I have the rest of this family but not John born 1798. If this is the one then he is my 3 x gt grand uncle.
hello everyone,
I think I put my previous post in the wrong area.
My brickwall - looking for my great grandfather Nicholas Johns Trevena born b. Canterbury New South Wales Australia,
married Estelle May Curr 19th March 1903 divorced 1916 decree nisi 1921, no one has heard from him after that. Have been to the local genealogy society and had no luck there either.
His parents are Charles Trevena and Elizabeth McCarthy.
Any help appreciated.
cheers
Debbie
I tthink I posted my request for a look up in the wrong area, so thought I would try again......II am trying to find Kate Pink youngest daughter of Benjamin Pink and Agnes Williams she was born 1867 at 9 King Street, Camden Town, England. After Agnes died, Benjamin came to Australia with his two oldest children leaving Kate with her maternal grandparents Thomas and Mary (Martin) Williams I have been able to find Kate up to the 1881 census, and futher help would be so appreciated. I have not been able to find her coming to Australia either. When Benjamin died in 1926 on his death certificate it gave the impression that Kate was still alive.
Thank you
Gwenda

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service