Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

By pasting for help in here, will save the communication box from clogging up and those that can help will then look in here and contact the inquirer.and while we are at why don't we make a look up folder for each state.

Wayne

Views: 2346

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Wayne
I am still finding my way around this site, so forgive me for not replying sooner. I am thrilled to bits with your list of probable people connected to my wife's line. The 1841 census I can confirm is definitely my wife's ancestors, so that's a win.
George Fenn's father Jacob is a likely one given his birthplace and date of birth.
Thank you very much for taking the trouble to find these folks, I truly appreciate it.
Best regards
Gordon
I am hoping someone can help me with a FRANCIS BELL who must have been born about 1877 in the Tilba/Cooma area of NSW. The information I have comes from his marriage certificate to Florence Ann Pezet on 10 Feb 1902 at Milton Congregational Church, Mason St, Milton/Ulladulla. He gives Tilba/Cooma as birthplace, his parents as Richard Bell and Mary Reynolds - both deceased. But I have been unable to confirm any of these details. The marriage ended in divorce in 1914 and Francis Bell committed suicide on 6 November 1914 at Mulwala, Corowa. The death certificate gave no other details and has the age incorrect. I wonder if there might be records in Victoria which would help as the border is close to the part of NSW where he seems to have lived. Any information on Francis and/or his parents would be much appreciated.
Penny Bell
Hi Penny,
There are "twin towns" at several points along the Murray River . Mulwala is the town on the NSW side of the river and Yarrawonga is the town on the Victorian side. The two are linked by a bridge. Corowa is further along the river, towards Albury. Mulwala was in the Coreen Shire until it amalgamated with Corowa Shire in 1955. I'm sure that if you contacted the councils or their information centres for Corowa and Mulwala, someone would be able to tell you where to find the relevant records (www.yarrawongamulwala.com.au ) ( www.corowa.nsw.gov.au )
Good luck,
Patricia
Many thanks for this Tricia: I will follow up your suggestions. Thank you for taking the trouble - because of his personal history he is very difficult to find. Penny Bell
Hi all,
I have hit a brickwall in researching my mother-in-law's family. Her father was Gordon Arthur Naylor (Taite) b. 1893ish in South Yarra, Melbourne, Victoria. His parents were Edward Naylor and Lydia Annie Woollett. Her mother was Elsie Day b. 1898ish in Ballarat, Victoria, and her parents were George Henry Day and Annie Gibson Quick. Gordon Arthur Naylor (Taite) left Elsie Day shortly after their third child was born and we do not know where he ended up. Gordon and Elsie were living in Ballarat at the time of their marriage on June 12 1920 and their three children were born there. I have Gordon and Elsie's Certificate of Marriage but would love to know more.
I have been unable to trace any further back in the family than these people and any help or someone to point me in the right direction would be a great asset.
Many thanks,
Marci
Hi Marci
Elsie DAY remarried JOLLY. Elsie died Ballarat 1975 Aged 77 Reg Number Death 12393 Victoria
Elsie TAITE m Percival Charles Francis JOLLY 1939 Victoria reg Number Victoria 2794

Hope this helps.

Regards Val
Hi Val,
Thank you so much for the information, it helps to remove another brick from the wall and will hopefully enable me to go a lot further with my research.
Best wishes,
Marci
Hi All I am brickwalled at the birth, somewhere in England, of Robert Lock. Robert came to Adelaide on the Emma in 1849 he married Sarah Ann Wade and they settled in the Mt Lofty area. They had eleven children one of whom, Sarah Ann Lock, was my grandmother. Any info on this family greatfuly accepted
Done a bit of search and came up with this
hope that it will help you
LOCK Robert arrived 8 AUG 1849 on Emily(2nd trip) from London 1 MAY 1849
barque Emily, 580 tons, Captain William Wilson, from London & Plymouth 4th May 1849, arrived at Port Adelaide, South Australia 8th August 1849
WADE Sarah Ann arrived 14 DEC 1847 on China from London 28 AUG 1847 - Capt E W Lively
LOCK Robert age: 24 married WADE Sarah Ann age 23 on 27 MAY 1850
Robert Born about 1826 Sarah Born about 1827
Marriage: 27 MAY 1850 Christ Church, North Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Robert
1/Bn: ??? Chrst: 15 OCT 1826 Alverstoke, Hampshire, England
Fth: James Mth: Sophia

Sarah
1/ Bn: 13 OCT 1827 Farsley, Yorkshire, England
Fth: Joseph Mth: Sarah

2/ Bn: ?? Chrst: 1827 St Clements, Leigh On Sea, Essex, England
Fth: William Mth: Mary Osbourne

3/ Bn:?? Chrst: 22 APR 1827 Ossett, Yorkshire, England
Fth:?? Mth: Frances

4/ Bn: ?? Chrst: 31 JAN 1827 Bradford, Yorkshire, England
Fth: John Mth: Phebe

5/ Bn: 25 FEB 1827 Chrst: 02 APR Zion Methodist New Connexion, Ovenden, Yorkshire, England
Fth: William Mth: Betty

6/ Bn:??? Chrst : 19 AUG 1827 Mendlesham, Suffolk, England
Fth: Edward Mth: Mary Ann

7/ Bn: 09 MAY 1827 Chrst: 15 JUL 1827 Saint Mary, Manchester, Lancashire, England
Fth:William Mth: Ann

8/ Bn:??? Chrst: 20 OCT 1827 Whitton, Lincoln, England
Fth:William Mth: Elizabeth

9/ Bn: 09 DEC 1827 Chrst: 16 DEC 1827 St Mary, Rotherhithe, London, England
Fth: John Mth: Sarah

Name: Sarah Ann Wade
Residence: Erith, Kent, England
Christening date: 1828
Christening place: ERITH, BISHOPS TRANSCRIPTS, KENT, ENGLAND
Father's name: John Wade
Mother's name: Lydia
Batch number: C02057-4
Date range: 1813 - 1829
Record group: England-VR
Film number: 1469340
Collection: England Baptisms 1700-1900

Wayne
Thanks for the effort
As to Robert all is as I have it in my records except I dont know when or where or to whom he was born but yes he did marry Sarah in Christ's Church, Adelaide on May 27 1850.

However

I have Sarah arriving on the Agincourt at Pt Ade. Feb 1 1850 along with her Mother Martha and 3 siblings, Robert, Reuben and martha.

The 1841 Br.census has this family living in Union lane Guiltcross, Norfolk and notes that Martha was a widow.

Sarah Lock nee Wade died on June 19 1867 and Robert was remarried on May 11 1868 to Margaret Slattery I have information that on this marriage cert. Robert gives his father as also Robert

I will have to look into this earlier arrival for Sarah on the China

Again thanks
Charles check page 2 with ref to lock and wade

wayne
Hi Charles I thought you would be interested in this attached doc
wayne

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service