Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Additional info is located in the genealogy wise group Jessamine County Kentucky. Grave site of Benjamin James House and Martha Jane Stinnett. Jessamine Co., Ky

Views: 4259

Replies to This Discussion

Nora Josephine Anderson and Burton House - Wedding Day
Burton 1894-1971,is the son of Lindsey House. Nora 1902-1984 is the daughter of John Melvin Anderson.

Minnie Burton House 1878-1957, was the daughter of Allen A. Burton and Sophroni Cobb. She married at 15, Lindsey House. Oakley House was born 1903, died 1970.

Martha Jane Stinnett House and daughters Elizabeth House Comley, Martha Jane, Mrytie House Hager; Standing: Francis House Harris, Minnie House Fain. Jessamine Co., Ky.

Matthias House Jr.'s Will in Garrard Co., Ky.

Garrard County Kentucky Book F 203-204 WILL -
MATTHIAS HOUSE, Jr. 8 July 1824
In the name of God amen I MATTHIAS HOUSE, Jr. of the County of Garrard and State of Kentucky being sick and weak of body but of perfect mind and calling to mind the uncertainty of my continuance in this time world Do make and ordain this my last Will and testament in manner and form following.
Impremis I give and Bequeath to Beloved wife Susannah HOUSE all my estate both real and personal during her natural life or widowhood but other two thirds should be sold and the proceeds thereof equally divided among my eight children and my grandchild Elizabeth or Nancy SUDDEN [SUTTON] shall draw an equal share with my own children, her mother being dead.
Item. It is my wish for my children to cultivate the farm and to pay unto my wife one third of all grains, flax, hemp, etc. that shall be raised on said farm.
Item. It is my wish and desire that after the death of my wife that all my estate both real and personal shall be sold and the proceeds of the sale shall be equally divided among my surviving children and grandchild Elizabeth or Nancy SUDDEN but should any one or more of my children decease before my wife and leave legal heirs then in that case the legal heirs shall be entitled to draw the amount that their parents have been entitled.
Item. It is my wish and desire that all of my children that have been provided shall account for the value of what they have received and a general settlement so that each my receive an equal portion of the estate and should any of my unmarried children marry in my wife's life she shall make a just charge of the value of the property which account shall be a good voucher as the general settlement and that my grandchild Elizabeth or Nancy SUDDEN by entitled to a full portion with my own children.
Lastly, I do hereby nominate and appoint my loving wife Susannah HOUSE and my son Thomas HOUSE my executor of this my last will and testament in witness whereof I have set my hand and seal this 8th day of July 1824.
Matthias HOUSE (his mark) (Seal)
Attest: Thomas B. MADDUX, Absalom CALHOUN, Nathan LEISURE
House Cemetery, Pollard, Jessamine Co., Ky.

Matthias O. House, Jr. so of Matthias House of Culpeper/Madison Co., VA left a will in Garrard Co., Ky 8 July 1824. Matthais Jr. owned land in Garrard Co., Ky on what is now Cat Hole Rd which sits between Lancaster and Hubble.

Deeds transferred show: Garrard Co. Ky 1839 Book n pg 197 Michael and Polly House deed their portion of the 246 acres of MHJr. to Thomas House. Garrard Co. Ky 1847Book n pg 198 Samuel House deed their portion of the 246 acres of MHJr. to Thomas House. Garrard Co. Ky 1848 Book Q pg 114 James Harvey and Mary Polly Ball House deed their portion of the 246 acres of MHJr. to Thomas House.

Thomas House, Sr. June 06, 1799 - July 29, 1852 was married to Lucy Blackerby. Thomas continued to farm the land in Garrard Co., Ky.

(12, pgs. 291-293) 3898 Thos HOUSE DC to Benj BLACKERBYs Hrs DEED Whereas, on the [blank] day of [blank] 1856 the undersigned Thos HOUSE and Benjamin BLACKERBY, now deceased, were the owners jointly and equally of what is known as the Dower land in the division of the Thomas HOUSE (Sr.) land and also at same time owned by conveyance from Susan HOUSE by Commissioner DISMUKES lot 4 of said division containing 16 acres and 28 poles and also owned by conveyance from James HOUSE, lot No 9 of said division containing 13 Y2 acres of land and whereas on the _ day of__ 18 __ the said undersigned Thos HOUSE and Benjamin BLACKERBY divided said land the said HOUSE taking said Lot No 4 and the north end of the Dower and whereas the said Thos HOUSE has not conveyed the tracts falling to said Benjamin BLACKERBY to him, now the premises considered and for the consideration of said division behveen said HOUSE & BLACKERBY We Thos HOUSE and Mary Jane HOUSE of Lincoln County Ky of the first part have sold thereby convey unto the heirs at law of Benj BLACKERBY said Benj BLACKERBY having died about 20 years ago and said heirs at law being the divisers under said Benj BLACKERBYs will, to wit (Martha Jane HOLTZCLAW, Lucinda DANIELS, Lucy SPOONAMORE, Nellie WATSON, Nannie STORIE, Addie STORIE, Minnie BLAND daughters of said Benjamin BLACKERBY, and Wm BLACKERBY his son and Elizabeth BLACKERBY the only child of ("J" or" Z"ack BLACKERBY dec a son of said Benjamin BLACKERBY)

and Kate WALTER the only child of Susan WALTER who was a daughter of said Benj BLACKERBY, the following real estate in Garrard County Kentucky being the one undivided one half of same, the said Benj BLACKERBY owning in fee simple the other undivided one halt tract; (1st tract) in Garrard County Ky on the water of Dix river and bounded as follows - Beginning at a stake, old Dower Corner and corner to lots No 7 and 9 in the division of the lands of Thos HOUSE decd thence with the division line of the Dower as made behveen Thos HOUSE Jr. & Benj BLACKERBY, N 19 W passing an Elm corner at 2.61 Y2 chains in all 13.37 chains to a point in the middle of a road corner now to James P. BONNER Hs and in line to lot No 2 Thos HOUSE division nor J P BLAND thence along said road S6l W passing the corner beween lots 2 & 1 at 23 lints, in all 1.98 chains to a stake on the south side of and near said road, comer to said No 1 now J. P. BLAND's comer to an ash stump comer Dix River comer to said BLAND and to Lot 19, thence leaving the river and with line of said No 9 N 72 E 23, 95 chains to the beginning containing 19 acres.
2nd Tract - being said Lot No 9 in said division of Thos HOUSE Sf. Lands as above mentioned which lies beween the above said tract and lot No.8 in the division of said Thos HOUSE Sr. Land and immediately south of Lot No. 7 of said division the same conveyed to said Thos HOUSE & Benj BLACKERBY by James HOUSE by deed of record in the office of Clerk of the Garrard County Court by deed date 20 March 1856 and recorded in book U page 37 and beginning at state in the line of the Dower & comer to lot No.7 and running S 68 W 95.8 poles to a Buckeye on the bank ofDix River thence up the same with the meanders _ S 95 E 12 S 54 E 22. N 57 E 88 to a stone comer to lots _ & _ 8 No. 20 Y2 W 14 poles to beginning containing 13 I/. acres __ To have and to hold said land undivided one half in __ wo __ tracts of land to the said heirs of said Benj BLACKERBY their heirs and offspring forever, and I Mary Jane HOUSE the wife of Thos HOUSE unite herein and release and relinquish my contingent right of dower, and I Thos HOUSE warrant the title only against such persons as may claim by Through or under me.
Give under our hands this 8th day of Mar 1894 (signed) Thomas HOUSE, Mary Jane HOUSE (her mark), Att Annie B. WITHERS.

Over the years the farm was divided and sold off. One of the current owners made the comment that there was never a tobacco lease included in any of the deeds so tobacco can never be grown on the farm. He said he had heard the House family was very committed to their faith and tobacco was forbidden.

this is the original home of Thomas House Sr. The log structure has been sided over and the home has been added on to. You can still see the logs in the kitchen.
Three members of this Sutton family married 3 siblings of the Mathais House, Jr. family from Garrard Co., Ky.

SUTTON, ALEXANDER
State: KY Year: 1870
County: Garrard County Record Type: Federal Population Schedule
Township: Lancaster District 3 Page: 435
Database: KY 1870 Federal Census Index

John House s/o MHJr. married Nancy Sutton 20 SEP 1817 in Garrard Co., Kentucky
* Name: Nancy SUTTON
* Sex: F
* Birth: ABT. 1786
Father: John SUTTON b: ABT. 1752 in Virginia
Mother: Anne POPE

John Sutton born abt 1752 VA died 1815 in Garrard Co. Kentucky
married Anne Pope.
Children:
1. Elizabeth SUTTON b: ABT. 1782 Married: 3 APR 1799 in Garrard Co., Kentucky Jacob MILLER
2. Susan SUTTON b: ABT. 1784 Married: 13 OCT 1817 in Garrard Co., Kentucky John BEST
3. Nancy SUTTON b: ABT. 1786 married John 20 SEP 1817 in Garrard Co., Kentucky
4. William SUTTON b: 28 MAY 1788 in Garrard Co. died 8 DEC 1873 in Toas, Buchanan Co. Missouri married Elizabeth HAMPTON Children:
Granville L. SUTTON b: 26 FEB 1832 in Garrard Co. Kentucky
Andrew Jackson SUTTON b: 31 MAY 1833 in Garrard Co. Kentucky
James SUTTON b: 26 FEB 1835 in Garrard Co. Kentucky
Barbara Ann SUTTON b: 17 SEP 1837 in Garrard Co. Kentucky
Harvey Y. SUTTON b: 1 SEP 1839 in Garrard Co. Kentucky
Martha Ann SUTTON b: 9 APR 1842 in Garrard Co. Kentucky
George Washington SUTTON b: 11 SEP 1844 in Garrard Co. Kentucky
Zachary Taylor SUTTON b: 22 JAN 1848 in Garrard Co. Kentucky
William M. Jr. SUTTON b: 31 OCT 1849 in Garrard Co. Kentucky

Marriage 2 Lucinda BARLOW Married: 14 NOV 1815 in Garrard Co., Kentucky
Children:
Henry O. SUTTON b: 16 NOV 1816 in Garrard Co. Kentucky
Mary Ann SUTTON b: 16 JUN 1818 in Garrard Co. Kentucky
Benjamin SUTTON b: 7 OCT 1819 in Garrard Co. Kentucky
Willis SUTTON b: 22 DEC 1823 in Garrard Co. Kentucky
Lucinda SUTTON b: 22 DEC 1823 in Garrard Co. Kentucky
Alexander SUTTON b: 23 JUL 1826 in Garrard Co. Kentucky
Nancy B. SUTTON b: 8 JAN 1830 in Garrard Co. Kentucky

5. Alexander SUTTON b: ABT. 1790 Married: Nancy HOUSE 29 SEP 1813 in Garrard Co., Kentucky
Child: James married Mary Bishop
6. Humphrey SUTTON b: ABT. 1792
7. Rowland SUTTON b: 1794
8. Christopher SUTTON b: 1796
9. John SUTTON b: 1798
10. Edmond SUTTON b: ABT. 1800

Marriage 2 America POPE ((I think it could be possible that Anne and America are the same person))

Children
1. Lucinda Elizabeth SUTTON b: ABT. 1780 Married: 20 FEB 1800 in Garrard Co., Kentucky
Thomas Berry BOSLEY or BOSLEE
Children:
Ann BOSLEY b: Aft 1800
America BOSLEY b: 1801 in Lincoln County,Kentucky
John Sutton BOSLEY b: 23 Jul 1823
Amanda BOSLEY b: in Baltimore County,Maryland
Catherine BOSLEY
Elizabeth BOSLEY
Martha BOSLEY
William Perry BOSLEY

John born abt 1752 VA died 1815 in Garrard Co. Kentucky was the son of
* Christopher SUTTON, Jr.
* Birth: 13 JAN 1714/15 in Middlesex Co., Virginia
* Death: ABT. 1793 in Lincoln Co., Kentucky
and
* Name: Sarah HANKINS\HAWKINS
* Birth: ABT. 1725
* Death: BEF. 1796 in Lincoln Co. Kentucky
Children:
1. John SUTTON b: ABT. 1752 in Virginia
2. Rowland SUTTON b: ABT. 1754
3. Benjamin SUTTON b: 1756 in Culpeper Co., Virginia
4. Elizabeth SUTTON b: ABT. 1758
5. James SUTTON b: 1763
6. William SUTTON b: 25 DEC 1765 in Virginia
7. Susanna SUTTON b: ABT. 1767

Christopher Sutton Jr. was the son of
Father: Christopher SUTTON b: 27 FEB 1677/78 in Middlesex Co., Virginia
* Death: 23 OCT 1737 in Virginia
Mother: Hope BEAUMONT Married: 3 NOV 1703 in Christ Church Parish, Middlesex County, Virginia
Children:
Elizabeth Sutton b: 11 JAN 1704/05 in Middlesex County, Virginia
Hope Sutton b: 7 NOV 1706 in Christ Church Parish, Middlesex County, Virginia
Mary Sutton b: 9 JAN 1708/09 in Christ Church Parish, Middlesex County, Virginia
John Sutton b: 31 AUG 1712 in Christ Church Parish, Middlesex County, Virginia
Christopher Sutton b: 13 JAN 1714/15 in Christ Church Parish, Middlesex County, Virginia
Beaumont Sutton b: 31 MAR 1717 in Christ Church Parish, Middlesex County, Virginia
William Barbee Sutton b: 9 DEC 1719 in Christ Church Parish, Middlesex County, Virginia
Rowland Sutton b: 15 OCT 1722 in Christ Church Parish, Middlesex County, Virginia
Nathan Sutton b: 22 NOV 1724 in Christ Church Parish, Middlesex County, Virginia
Benjamin Sutton b: 27 AUG 1726 in Christ Church Parish, Middlesex County, Virginia
Michal Sutton b: 11 JAN 1727/28 in Christ Church Parish, Middlesex County, Virginia
Nathaniel Sutton b: 20 DEC 1732 in Christ Church Parish, Middlesex County, Virginia

Christopher Sutton, Sr. was the son of
Father: John Sutton b: ABT. 1652
Mother: Elizabeth Ellis

This is what remains of the Sutton Cemetery at Hubble on the Lincoln/Garrard Co., Ky line. The Sutton family and the House family traveled from VA together and there were several marriages between the two families
Lancaster Cemetery Garrard Co., Ky.
Burials that connect to the HOUSE family in Ky.

son of Thomas House and Mary Jane Hicks

w/o Taylor and d/o Alexander Sutton and Mary Ann Bourne

s/o Thomas House, Sr. and Lucy Blackerby h/o Mary Jane Hicks
Milward-Southland Obit, Fayette Co., Ky - Jordan, Josephine Nora House, 82, wife of James Donald Jordan, died Wed, Jan 6, 2009. Born in Lexington, she was a daughter of the late Burton and Nora Anderson House.

In addition to her husband of 58 years, she is survived by her son, Joseph D. (Peggy) Scott, Baton Rouge, LA; grandchildren, Jennifer and Mary Beth Scott; great grandchild, Eli; and her half-sister, Anita (Jerry) Wardlow, Wooddriff, SC.

Services will be private.
Ramona Gardner House, 76, went home to be with the Lord on Sat, July 12, 2008. Ramona was born a leap year baby, Feb 29, 1932 in Lexington, Ky., to the late Raymond L. and Leatitia Tankersley Gardner. Ramona was well loved by all who knew her and will be fondly remembered. Ramona has 6 children, Louis L. House III, Guy Estill House (deceased), Rae Ella House, Barry Hill House, Mary Kay Brewster and Marquita Taylor; 3 sisters, Betty Jean McCuen, Mary Katherine Perkins (deceased) and Virginia Lee Duncan; 14 grandchildren, 7 great-grandchildren, 3 nieces and 7 nephews. Service will be Tue, July 15, 11am at Clark Legacy Center, 601 East Brannon Rd. with Rev. Hank Ellington officiating. Visitation will be Tue from 10am-11am.
(wife of Louis Leroy House son of Louis Leroy House son of Malcomb House son of John W. House so of Thomas House, Sr. son of Mathias O. House, Jr.)
Published in the Lexington Herald-Leader on 7/14/2008
Nicholasville-David Atwood House, 64, husband of Stella House of Rolling Acres Drive, died May 16, 2010 at his home. He was a long time supervisor of the Electrical Department for the City of Nicholasville and a member of the Church of Jesus Christ. Additional survivors include two sons, Scott House and his fiancée, Sarah Coyne and John House and his wife Andrea, step children, Cynthia and Richard Bryant, step grandchildren, Mollie Mastin, Camron Quinn and Jaedon Bryant, a brother, Roy House. He was preceded in death by several brothers and sisters including a brother and his wife who were like parents to David, Hansel and Nancy House. Services will be 1:30pm Thursday at Betts & West Funeral Home with Bro. Pete Rowe. Burial will follow in the House Cemetery. Visitation will be from 5-9pm Wednesday. Bearers will be Scott and John House, Richard Bryant, John Shoemaker, Gerald Walton, Steve Clark, Everett and Kevin Wilhoite, Willie Quinn and Danny Johnson. Honorary bearers will be Phil Cloyd, Danny Land, Roy House, Jerry Shoemaker and Lewis Shelton. www.BettsandWestfuneralhome.com

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service