Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Are you stuck someplace in your Allen line? Post the details here, maybe someone else can help.

Views: 803

Replies to This Discussion

I am looking for any information on the parents of Charles Allen. He was born March 20,1810 somewhere in Pennsylvania. According to any census on him, he states his parents were born in Massachuetts. He married a Judith Spencer some time between 1830 and 1835, who was the daughter of Jewett Spencer and Sarah Huntley. She was born 30 Jan. 1815 in Connecticut. Shortly after her birth, her parents moved to the 'wilderness of Pennsylvania'.

Charles and Judith had the following children: John, Lovina, Sarah, William, Electa, and Spencer Edgar. Most family trees have a Daniel Allen of Bridgewater, MA as his father, but there isn't any evidence to support this. Any information no matter how small would be helpful and greatly appreciated in finding out who his parents were and sloving the brick wall I have run into

I've hit a brick wall with my 2nd great grandfather's family.  Once he married my 2nd great grandmother, I've been able to trace his adult life fairly well.  All I know of his parents is the info list on his death certificate:

-  Ezra Allen, born in New York

-  Katherine Lovel, born in Scotland

I have found an Ezra Allen in the 1830 census in Brown Co., Ohio and in the 1840 census in Greenup, Kentucky, not sure if this was my Ezra.  I have not found any past that.  

Ezra and Katherine's son, my 2nd great grandfather, Elijah Allen was born in 1843 in Kentucky.  I am unable to definitively place him in the 1850 census, although I believe he is living with a Samuel Cramer/Cramar family in Brown Co., Ohio.  In 1861 he married Maria Lucetta Bishop in Clermont Co., Ohio.  He fought in the Civil War 1862-1864.  I ordered copies of his pension papers from the National Archives, hoping it would give me some info on his parents, but all it told me was what I already knew - he was born in Kentucky 1843.

I am seeking any information about Peleg Allyn/Allen b. between 1766-1770, who was living in Rensselaerville, Albany, New York, at the time of the 1790 Federal census.  He is not the same person as the Peleg Allen who was the son of Gershom (misspelled on Ancestry as Greshom) Allen and Mary Soule. 

He married Mary Lobdell (though I have yet to find primary evidence of that) and they moved to a part of Onondaga County, NY, which is now part of Cayuga County.  About 1820, they and their children (young adults or teens), moved to Posey County, Indiana. 

I have a great deal of information about Peleg's descendants, but none about his ancestry.   There is a family tradition that he was the son of a Scot, but DNA evidence links one of his descendants with an Allen in southern England.

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service