Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Michael Hait's Discussions (11)

Discussions Replied To (11) Replies Latest Activity

"One place to check for old plantation houses is the WPA's Historic American Building…"

Michael Hait replied Aug 28, 2010 to An Invitation for Descendants of Plantation Owners and Descendants of Slaves to Collaborate to Rediscover Lowcountry African American Heritage

54 Sep 19, 2017
Reply by Mary L Aune

"I would agree that this is almost definitely the correct family -- you have two inde…"

Michael Hait replied Feb 5, 2010 to Researching Slave Ancestry

65 Feb 5, 2010
Reply by Luckie Daniels

"I want to second GeneJ's sentiment - your knowledge of the law and its application t…"

Michael Hait replied Aug 1, 2009 to The Law Forum: Copyright, Privacy, and More

17 Aug 1, 2009
Reply by Craig Manson

"GREAT explanation of the legal use of materials that we as genealogists often do not…"

Michael Hait replied Jul 30, 2009 to The Law Forum: Copyright, Privacy, and More

17 Aug 1, 2009
Reply by Craig Manson

"Great page! If I could add a resource, in Maryland, each county recorded "Slave Sta…"

Michael Hait replied Jul 14, 2009 to 1870 Brick Wall Page: Records Which Positively Connect Freedmen With Surnames to Former Slaveholders

2 Jul 14, 2009
Reply by Toni Carrier

"One of the most important things to remember is that you have to check all of the re…"

Michael Hait replied Jul 13, 2009 to Slave Master Information

11 Jan 12, 2011
Reply by Connie Underwood

"Luckie - In the deeds, what is the consideration stated for the transfer of the sla…"

Michael Hait replied Jul 13, 2009 to Researching Slave Ancestry

65 Feb 5, 2010
Reply by Luckie Daniels

"STATE: Maryland DOCUMENT TYPE: Digital collection of documents and document transcri…"

Michael Hait replied Jul 12, 2009 to Slave Documents - Family, Legal & Historical

41 Sep 6, 2010
Reply by JC Flynt

"Some of you may have already read about my survey in my Examiner column. Basically,…"

Michael Hait replied Jul 12, 2009 to Researching Slave Ancestry

65 Feb 5, 2010
Reply by Luckie Daniels

"Amen to all of the previous comments, Chastity. One tip that I would offer is not t…"

Michael Hait replied Jul 12, 2009 to Researching Slave Ancestry

65 Feb 5, 2010
Reply by Luckie Daniels

RSS

Members

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Nat Ins for Genealogical Studies.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service