Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

General Genealogy (148)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Digital vs paper vital records

For genealogy usefulness purposes (as opposed to legal purposes) which is better, keeping vital records as digital copies or keeping vital…

Started by Robert Arens

4 May 17, 2015
Reply by Sarah Anthony

Curious to know if anyone could give some help?

Years ago, the Family Bible was stolen--never to be seen again. All I know is that it was black and simple. Inside was a Family Tree. Havin…

Started by Robert Zavitz

5 Mar 7, 2015
Reply by Sarah Anthony

not too impressed with ancestry.com

I have never been able to obtain picture of birth, marriage or death certificate.  the only thing I have obtained is census and ship and bo…

Started by colleen macfarlane

3 Dec 23, 2014
Reply by Clara Joyce Schaeffer Miller

What's the best way to scan and save vital records

I'm scanning a whole stack of vital records.  How should I save them?  Should I scan and save them as photos (.jpg or .png)?  Of should I s…

Started by Chris Perry

23 Nov 8, 2014
Reply by Sarah Coles

Paragenealogy in general

Over the past few years I've been using a published professional 'ghost whisperer' to help me find the birth family of my adopted grandfath…

Started by Robert Arens

5 Nov 8, 2014
Reply by Sarah Coles

Family Geo and Laurentia Snodrass from St Louis, Missouri.

Hi,I am looking for relatives to family Geo and Laurentia Snodrass from St Louis, Missouri.I have found them in US Census 1930 and the fami…

Started by Ingvar Nore

0 Jul 27, 2014

Haplogroup D in the UK and Europe

Hi AllI do not know too much about Genetics and the implications to my family, but I've done a YDNA test for my paternal line.For the immed…

Started by Steve Sard

2 May 24, 2014
Reply by Steve Sard

Rev J Billington St Mary’s Hidden Gem , Manchester 1837 - 1844

I visited yesterday The Church of  St. Mary, Mulberry Street (The Hidden Gem), in Manchester to see where my ancestor Jane Billington was b…

Started by Dan Billington, Ancestry Central

1 Apr 12, 2014
Reply by Marcia Williams

county histories

Several years ago I found a biography of my G-grandfather in the Schuykill county history 1881 by Munsel.  I decided a few days ago to buy…

Started by carol bartholomew

0 Apr 5, 2014

HELP!

I have an old page with Genealogywise but haven't used it for a few years. I have tried to access it again recently, alas, I no longer use…

Started by dainty diva

2 Mar 22, 2014
Reply by dainty diva

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service