Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Genealogy Tips (16)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Roots Magic 6 Help

Hi Everyone I’m new to this forum and I’m sure to you all that this is a stupid question. I have RM6 installed on my PC at home; also I tra…

Started by andy tulloch

2 Jul 6, 2016
Reply by andy tulloch

Tip

Make sure to always back up your research. Make a copy of your files and keep in a safe place. I had a copy of research but had not copied…

Started by Kimberly Spaulding

0 May 20, 2012

Your Favorite Free (or Low-Cost) Genealogy Resources

Tell about your favorite free or low-cost genealogy resources, online and off. Explain why it's a favorite and how it's been helpful in you…

Started by Miriam Robbins Midkiff

247 Jan 28, 2011
Reply by William Douglas

Can't speak German

Does anyone have a favorite website that you use to translate information written in German into English. I have gotten some pretty bizzar…

Started by Cheryl Reichardt

4 Sep 10, 2010
Reply by Nancy Loe

Free Genealogy Toolbar from Relatively Curious

Howdy folks - I just wanted to share information about the Internet Genealogy Toolbar that I created for most any browser (except Chrome un…

Started by tami osmer glatz

2 Aug 2, 2010
Reply by PD Vasil`

Myths of "Bearing Arms"

The use of "Coast of Arms" over the years has always seemed  a bit hit and miss, many were used to show social standing where none really e…

Started by Christine Gibbins

0 Feb 23, 2010

Miles and Piles of Paper - what is your favorite method of filing your genealogy papers?

I look to the left of the computer and there is a pile of papers about 10" high. These papers are anything from obituaries, Ancestry census…

Started by Mary Hellman

15 Jan 11, 2010
Reply by Mary Hellman

Colour Coding for Fun and Profit

http://www.kickassgenealogy.com/colour-coding-for-fun-and-profit/ Does anyone use this method or one similar?

Started by Deanna Ramsey

4 Jan 11, 2010
Reply by Katrina McQuarrie

Courses for people in the UK

I was wondering if anyone on Genwise could help with this? I've been doing my family history for a few years now and recently have been ass…

Started by Sarah MacLean

6 Aug 24, 2009
Reply by Jeanette R Rosenberg

British Newspaper Library Integrated Catalogue

So you can't find your ancestors so far in any of the online digitalised newspapers Try searching the British Library Integrated Catalogue…

Started by Richard J Heaton

0 Jul 26, 2009

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service