Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

African American Genealogy (21)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Please Join Us in Charleston Feb 13 for African American Genealogy Seminar

Hello Everyone,       If you are in or around Charleston, we would like to invite you to join us Saturday, February 13 from 2pm - 4pm at Ma…

Started by Lowcountry Africana

0 Feb 8, 2010

Please Join Us in Charleston Feb 13 for African American Genealogy Seminar

Hello Everyone,       If you are in or around Charleston, we would like to invite you to join us Saturday, February 13 from 2pm - 4pm at Ma…

0 Feb 8, 2010

Researching Slave Ancestry

A forum to discuss the nuances specific to researching Slave Ancestry in the Americas. Share experiences, questions, tips and resource info…

Started by Luckie Daniels

65 Feb 5, 2010
Reply by Luckie Daniels

myrtle shelton-native american married african american

i am seeking information about my great great native american grandmother. her first name was myrtle (or spelled martel?)...i dont know wha…

Started by Telena Juanita Rogers

8 Dec 29, 2009
Reply by Telena Juanita Rogers

H C Lassiter of Murfreesboro, NC

I would love to connect with descendants of Harrison Crawfold Lassiter who was a lawyer and farmer who lived in Hertford County, NC. He was…

Started by Josephine Minnis Keyes

16 Aug 30, 2009
Reply by Josephine Minnis Keyes

1870 Brick Wall: Final Slaveholder of James Jenkins, Pinopolis, Berkeley County, SC

We read so many documents in the course of our research at Lowcountry Africana. So rarely do we see a document that bridges the 1870 divide…

Started by Toni Carrier

0 Aug 23, 2009

Lowcountry Africana Welcomes Michael Hait as Coordinator of Resource Library

Lowcountry Africana, a free website dedicated to African American genealogy and history in the Lowcountry Southeast (SC, GA and FL) is plea…

1 Aug 13, 2009
Reply by Ellen Healy

Lowcountry City Directories Online

Hi Everyone, Just discovered these city directories online yesterday: Savannah, GA 1882 Charleston 1851 Charleston 1882 Charleston 1888…

Started by Toni Carrier

0 Jul 21, 2009

LowCountry Live Blogging @ AC360 CNN - TONIGHT 11PM ET/!0PM CT

Please log-on to Anderson Cooper AC360/CNN tonight {11PM ET/10PM CT} for LowCountry Africana's Live Blogging during the Michelle Obama Gene…

Started by Luckie Daniels

14 Jul 19, 2009
Reply by Luckie Daniels

1870 Brick Wall Page: Records Which Positively Connect Freedmen With Surnames to Former Slaveholders

Some call it the 1870 Brick Wall. Others call it the 1870 Divide. It is one of the most frustrating challenges of African American heritage…

Started by Toni Carrier

2 Jul 14, 2009
Reply by Toni Carrier

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service